Mercedes SLK World banner

12321 - 12340 of 12380 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
86 Posts
Hey folks ... speaking of practicing on someone elses car
Claying and avoiding swirls ... i mean i get the slicky lubricants and grit grab in the clay ... but those little bits and some are quite hard have to drag along with each stroke of the bar so ...
Hmmm

·
Premium member 2006 SLK55 AMG/JimmieZ
80 Posts
At Last, getting back to my wonderful California Toy. Having NOT been able to drive for over a year because of COVID-19. Actually left her just like this in March2020, Oil and filter had just been done, clay and waxed but no cover cause intense Northern California sun was a month off she was left uncovered. Off to Chicago. OOPS.

Day one - had a trusted indy mechanic install a new battery from Auto Zone. Fired up like I left her with a "turn of the key" But to get there I first opened the door with the hard embedded key, opened the hood, took off the battery cover and began to clear the battery drain holes because I knew it was there from this thread Drain points - locations and tips on cleaning

Then cleaned all the front under hood drain holes.

I used these.
Tools - a paint brush, hand held Oreck hand held vacuum with crevice tool, plastic picks for loosening caked pollen and dust mud, small oil can filled with hot water.

Got a good wash to see how the paint had done. Need to clay it to see for sure. But might
need a new coat. Do I change the color and do the whole car or just have back in BLACK ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,897 Posts
I installed a virtual machine of Windows so that I could write SLK CD changer compatible CDs for the little growler's edification. And, you may ask, what did I put on them? The entire Steely Dan oeuvre (including solo albums) just files numbered from 1 to 141, so that the tracks can be played randomly.

And it worked! Very happy bunny (y)

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
190 Posts
A while back I found out about the "2look" R171 trimmed cars with black and white interior accents and decided I'd like some similar contrast in my car. I really like the white trimmed floor mats as mentioned in this thread from 2014: Look what I found! Like buried Treasure! but I'm not really so in love with the big SLK 2look logos branded on them, nor do I want to pay rare floor mat prices if I could even find a set. After some digging I found a company to make mats to my specifications, and I didn't even need to pick up the phone. These are from LLoyd mats, ran right at 100 bucks for the pair. My only minor gripe is the stitching looks a little off where the edge binding overlaps, but just being overly critical. They are definitely quality mats for the money. I'll slap them in tomorrow and report back with fitment and anchor quality. My dog seems to approve of them.

Weather here has been iffy, lots of cold and rain with a couple nice SLK days peppered in. Had a nice roofless drive the other night with temps in the high 70s after dark. This car turns a lot of heads for a 2006.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,443 Posts
A while back I found out about the "2look" R171 trimmed cars with black and white interior accents and decided I'd like some similar contrast in my car. I really like the white trimmed floor mats as mentioned in this thread from 2014: Look what I found! Like buried Treasure! but I'm not really so in love with the big SLK 2look logos branded on them, nor do I want to pay rare floor mat prices if I could even find a set. After some digging I found a company to make mats to my specifications, and I didn't even need to pick up the phone. These are from LLoyd mats, ran right at 100 bucks for the pair. My only minor gripe is the stitching looks a little off where the edge binding overlaps, but just being overly critical. They are definitely quality mats for the money. I'll slap them in tomorrow and report back with fitment and anchor quality. My dog seems to approve of them. View attachment 596550

Weather here has been iffy, lots of cold and rain with a couple nice SLK days peppered in. Had a nice roofless drive the other night with temps in the high 70s after dark. This car turns a lot of heads for a 2006.
Clearly has the canine approval!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,797 Posts
Spent the afternoon getting all the salt , bugs ect off from my trip to Scotland.
Also cleaned air filters out , took front pads out to check for any damage after they had a minor fire 😃😃 ..all lube up and bled front calipers.
20210502_172314-01.jpeg
And now put the 350 back in the garage ready for what ever its next trip is.
Off to look at a mx5 tamora thats not been used for 5 years...if not a rust bucket it could be a new winter beater project😂

·
Super Moderator (UK)
33,982 Posts
To get your cards see

·
* Registered
2005 slk 280 6 mt
1,370 Posts

·
* Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz SLK 230 R 170 2.3 L
99 Posts
Let's see I've been busy over the weekend...installed the new "used" headliner in our 2003 SLK Nice! had the new rims installed with the new tires..new center caps and valve stem caps to finish the off the Sweetness...then I installed the new bumper trim for the right and center on the rear bumper (that center piece often gets hit and cracked) Then the final piece to install was the brand new OEM third brake light! Sweet
20210502_143429.jpg
20210502_143400.jpg
20210430_182520.jpg
20210430_174556.jpg
20210502_150325 (2).jpg
20210502_164510 (1).jpg
20210430_174506.jpg
20210430_174428 (1).jpg
20210430_174417.jpg

Attachments

12321 - 12340 of 12380 Posts