Mercedes SLK World banner

11981 - 12000 of 12023 Posts

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,293 Posts
Myk, I just love the sound of a screaming V6 and boy oh boy the sound of a screaming V8? Well, that’s personal. Mmmmm, or should I say Vroooooooom? 😂😂😂
More like a machine gun if I am running with @DAVIETHESCAFF
That boy kicks up some gravel whilst I am checking HIS speedometer matches mine.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
898 Posts
I have been home now for 2 weeks and the estimate from the doctors are that I will be home another 8 weeks.
So I try to spend time with small things.
New caps for the wiper bolts.

Key hole covers, I got three of them (All black) so I put 1 in the trunk lock and painted the other 2 in my cars color.
Used a knife and cut the paint of the symbol.
I don´t know which I will use, but I will try them both.

And I did find a big brother for her, just waiting for the dealer to reply.
The Siren

And big brother

Stay safe and take care

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,286 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,336 Posts
Today I accidentally removed a little of the protective dirt that has built up over 4 months from the rear bumper. I'm hoping for more wind and rain until April when I can replace the dirt with a luscious layer of ceramic coating then.. maybe I can actually take the old girl out for a proper blast without fear of being arrested!

Maya ~ Taptalk

·
Super Moderator (UK)
32,293 Posts
So, recently my drivers door has not been smooth.
Liberally greased, but no better.
Tightened nuts, still no better.

The persistent weather and cold kept me from serious investigation until yesterday.
Finally spotted the issue. The lower Torx screw that goes into the door was loose.
I could just see the bottom of the lower hinge move very slightly.

Could not find a T set that would fit inside the gap. Nor could I find the Allen set.
So, new set bought today and still tricky to get a good fit onto the screw but doable with patience.
Door fixed.

So to my other niggle. Noticed the petrol filler cap area was cruddy last time used.
Bit of a clean up, but lucky that I remembered the drain hole. Some of the crud had formed into granules and was lurking nearby. Had I just wiped I may have contributed to a future blockage.

Oh, if anybody asks (especially my better half) it is the height of motoring fashion to have a Torx Allen set nailed to the wall in the porch inside the house. Very popular. (Beggared if I am losing this set).

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
898 Posts
So, recently my drivers door has not been smooth.
Liberally greased, but no better.
Tightened nuts, still no better.

The persistent weather and cold kept me from serious investigation until yesterday.
Finally spotted the issue. The lower Torx screw that goes into the door was loose.
I could just see the bottom of the lower hinge move very slightly.

Could not find a T set that would fit inside the gap. Nor could I find the Allen set.
So, new set bought today and still tricky to get a good fit onto the screw but doable with patience.
Door fixed.

View attachment 592282

So to my other niggle. Noticed the petrol filler cap area was cruddy last time used.
Bit of a clean up, but lucky that I remembered the drain hole. Some of the crud had formed into granules and was lurking nearby. Had I just wiped I may have contributed to a future blockage.

View attachment 592283

Oh, if anybody asks (especially my better half) it is the height of motoring fashion to have a Torx Allen set nailed to the wall in the porch inside the house. Very popular. (Beggared if I am losing this set).
I have to check that drain.. And any reason to by more tools is an acceptable reason :p

·
Registered 2004 SLK200
651 Posts
1. The SmartTop is finally back in the car :-D
2. All top/window seals washed, dried and treated with the "gummi pflege"
3. Anything in the roof mechanism that looked like it could benefit from some white lithium grease got the grease
4. Replaced broken ODBII socket holder.
5. Greased the boot lock handle - it's a bit sticky recently. I'll have to remove and clean it soon.
6. Test drive to make sure all SmartTop settings are OK.

I also found some rust in a hard to reach place in one of the corners of the boot lid.. :-/

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,491 Posts
Finally replaced all 4 shoes...right rear was pretty bad, could almost see the steel belts...did some research at tirerack on ratings...decided on Firestone Indy 500's as value for top performance...sure does ride and drive better today...also performed a 4 wheel alignment.good for the summer road trips top down....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,993 Posts
...sure does ride and drive better today...
It's all in your mind (just like a newly-washed car drives better) 🤣 🤣 🤣
Seriously though, new rubber is a great way to take those curves at speed (y)

11981 - 12000 of 12023 Posts