Mercedes SLK World banner

11881 - 11900 of 11927 Posts

·
Super Moderator (UK)
31,546 Posts
Took her 350 in for MOT (passed) and walked home.

Grabbed the in laws shopping ('No love, I will take it, you rest' GRIN: GRIN: GRIN)
Grabbed the 55 and drove off into the cold sunshine.
[If only I could get away with a route through JOG and the NC 500]

Having to visit almost daily at present, but empty roads (and passenger seat) make deliveries FUN.
Drop the roof, turn off the stereo and dial the burble to 11.

Lockdown therapy.

·
Super Moderator (UK)
31,546 Posts
And the therapy continues. After discovering the benefits of Scottish produce during tours and meets,
I had to take some meat and fish to the in-laws.

Usual country lanes stuff, but on the return the roads is 20mph leaving village, quickly into 30 and just as quic into a national (60 in UK) lane.
Just leaving the 30 and starting to gradually pick up speed an owl decided to head butt the windscreen on my side. Luckily I braked enough that it just missed. Took it as a warning.

Just as well. Thanks to being on high alert I'd eased off earlier than usual before a bridge crosses the road in advance of the S bends. A gritter passed overhead and threw half it's delivery onto the road in front of me.
But for the owl, that grit would have been on top of the 55. Had it not been damp, the roof would have been down too. Ouch!

I have noticed that there is more grit in the salt this year. It's forming into mounds in the centre of the lane.
Bikers & cyclists beware.

·
* Registered
2005 slk 280 6 mt
601 Posts
Had to put some voltage back into the battery today, slik has not been out since before the new year so I thought it best.
30 mile trip to shops for resources ,then on to the inlaws to check all was ok.
On way back I come to a junction and noticed a gritter spreading its load coming towards us..just managed to get out before it..did not fancy being sprayed by salt and grit all the way home..else it would of been a messy affair 😬

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
102,377 Posts
Lasted 5 years on driver's side so time to replace it :D

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

·
102,377 Posts
some sort of combo I assume

·
102,377 Posts
it says it is....

AMG SHOULDER PADS SEAT BELT 2PCS search ebay with these words

2pcs Shoulder Pads Carbon Fiber Car Seat Belt Cover Safety for Mercedes Benz AMG

·
102,377 Posts
also have mb ones Back to the thread topic :D

·
Registered 2010 SLK350
52 Posts
as my car boot (trunk) was smelling a bit damp I emptied everything out and it turns out there was about 10mm of water under the spare wheel, turns out there is a drain point but a price of the polystyrene tray that holds the jack had broken off and blocked it. So I dried cleaned and unblocked

·
Super Moderator (UK)
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
3,880 Posts
Back under the cover she goes till it's safe to go out.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
255 Posts
Well...after the roof problems finally getting fixed the sun was out in the UK. So decided to check the lady was working as expected. Opening up the lady there can only be described as a sensual groan noise, clearly from under use and frustration.

Only a quick 10 blast with lovely lockdown, but the lady if fully back in business.

Ps i did open and close roof 3 times, only that first opening had the groan ;)

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,371 Posts
Ps i did open and close roof 3 times, only that first opening had the groan ;)
Ah, but the test will be: will she moan tomorrow morning after a cold bed rest? 😉

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,928 Posts
^^Gorgeous bedroom, nice and clean, with a big red silk cover... what a treat! That 55 is a luck 'un....getting so loved.

11881 - 11900 of 11927 Posts