Today one of my amber LED side marker bulbs went on vacation so had to replace
took longer to find the 8 mm n 10 mm tools to do wheel liner then to replace

1.jpg
2.jpg

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
15,135 Posts
Always easier the 2nd time around and know what to expect (y)

·
Administrator/Founding Member since 2006
100,445 Posts
also helps if one has our diys

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
157 Posts
Top was down Sunday mornig albeit a bit chilly even with airscarf. Nice jaunt out to a hideaway in South Gloucestershire to meet up with some like minded fellas.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,849 Posts
Gave Mabel a good cleaning and wash down in preparation for her visit to the stealership for a new secondary air pump.
Finally replacing the one I had fitted back in March! :mad:

Hopefully ......

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
7,177 Posts
Today I fitted an AUTO-VOX Solar Powered Wireless Reversing Camera Kit. I did not have to drill any holes or tap into any wires or take apart anything in the car. The camera and the solar panel/rechargeable battery I fixed to the back of a number plate holder. The number plate holder is screwed to the car using the 4 holes already there for that purpose. The number plate was subsequently fixed to the holder with double sided tape. The reversing camera monitor/receiver is attached to a non slip rubber mat sitting on top of the dashboard which I purchased separately..

It is not a perfect solution because you have to turn on the monitor which you do by pressing any of the 3 buttons on the side. You are also provided with a remote wireless button which also turns monitor on. The gridlines also do not move when the steering wheel is turned.

I did not want the camera off centre. As a result it does obscure the boot release handle which I can just still operate. However the boot can be released using the button on the key fob.
DSC_0348edit.jpg
DSC_0356(1).JPG
DSC_0355(1).JPG

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
157 Posts
Today I fitted an AUTO-VOX Solar Powered Wireless Reversing Camera Kit. I did not have to drill any holes or tap into any wires or take apart anything in the car. The camera and the solar panel/rechargeable battery I fixed to the back of a number plate holder. The number plate holder is screwed to the car using the 4 holes already there for that purpose. The number plate was subsequently fixed to the holder with double sided tape. The reversing camera monitor/receiver is attached to a non slip rubber mat sitting on top of the dashboard which I purchased separately..

It is not a perfect solution because you have to turn on the monitor which you do by pressing any of the 3 buttons on the side. You are also provided with a remote wireless button which also turns monitor on. The gridlines also do not move when the steering wheel is turned.

I did not want the camera off centre. As a result it does obscure the boot release handle which I can just still operate. However the boot can be released using the button on the key fob.
View attachment 585877 View attachment 585878 View attachment 585879
I was exploring this idea too but I think I will go in a different direction LOL:cool::unsure::LOL:

Reactions: MartinatMersea

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
33 Posts
Well I finally decided to change the original spark plugs, 82300 miles. I recently had a P0306 code pop. Thought it might have been some low grade fuel, but it happened again. Glad i did! All the plugs were worn out but color of burn was real good. see pics below. Tried to find Y7MPP33 replacements, but my mechanic friend called Mercedes and found out they are now using NGK PLKR7A 4288. Oh well haven't driven it yet, but it starts and sounds strong.
spark 1.jpeg
spark 3.jpeg
spark 4.jpeg
spark 2.jpeg

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,177 Posts
Well I finally decided to change the original spark plugs, 82300 miles. I recently had a P0306 code pop. Thought it might have been some low grade fuel, but it happened again. Glad i did! All the plugs were worn out but color of burn was real good. see pics below. Tried to find Y7MPP33 replacements, but my mechanic friend called Mercedes and found out they are now using NGK PLKR7A 4288. Oh well haven't driven it yet, but it starts and sounds strong.
View attachment 585929 View attachment 585930 View attachment 585931 View attachment 585933
Wow, big gaps on the old plugs! I would imagine the newer ones may give you more advance and better all round performance too hopefully.

Maya~Taptalk

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
83 Posts
This time last week, I had the centre and rear exhausts replaced after going through a deep puddle on the motorway/highway. It was a difficult time as I was literally moving the last of my belongings, so my SLK was packed! Anyway, today, I had a good long drive with a brand new exhaust!

·
15,849 Posts
Hi, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland :)

·
15,849 Posts
Gave Mabel a good cleaning and wash down in preparation for her visit to the stealership for a new secondary air pump.
Finally replacing the one I had fitted back in March! :mad:

Hopefully ......
MB finally relented and fitted a new secondary air pump and relay under warranty. Only took six months of wrangling.

When i went to collect the car, my "service adviser" informed they had a problem with it. The roof was stuck half open! They said both the service manager and the mechanic had tried to close it but couldn't get it to work. The manager sheepishly asked me if I had had it happen before, and could I do anything. I realised that I had forgotten to disable the SmartTop before I left it with them (something that I normally do) and the mechanic must have accidentally triggered the roof to start to open with the key fob. He must have paniced and hit the button on the centre console to try and close it again, which stopped it in mid cycle. If that happens you just have to let it sit for 30 seconds and then start the car and hold the console button in the open position and the roof then completes it's cycle, which I did and then closed it again. Working fine! The manager was most embarrassed! :LOL:

Note to self ... ALWAYS make sure I have disabled the SmartTop when leaving Mabel with a garage. :p

11561 - 11580 of 11589 Posts