Mercedes SLK World banner
11,241 - 11,260 of 14,388 Posts
Forced to take her indoors to her mums with shopping and to do jobs in the C class.
I 'accidently' forget some supplies and had to return later.
55 needed fuel, it was raining, rush hour...OF COURSE I TOOK SOPHIE! Sheesh!
Made to be driven. Driven to be happy.

Apologies to the Z4, TT, SLC and Civic, but the Eastham M53 bend can be done much faster.
Even faster than I did.
GRIN
Of course Myk, you are always on the right side of 70.

John

Today I carbon wrapped my c pillars as they were scratched

I then swapped my number plate lights for complete led units as the left side was not working. They both now work but I’m getting a intermittent bulb out warning for the left so suspect I have some damaged wiring in the loom.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle Windshield Glass

Fingers crossed windinmyhair! Will try to crab walk where possible 😂
Love the black-out effect on this car. Very nicely done. Would love to see a side profile picture to showcase the spoiler as it flows with the rest of the car. Do you have this to share?

Reactions: Squishband
I actually fitted whole led units instead of bulbs and the left one flags an error with either led unit or with a standard candescent unit and bulb plugged in despite lighting up. So I suspect there is some dodgwiring damaged along the boot hinge but that is a problem for tomorrow.

After spotting water leaking into the passenger side on my drive earlier I decided to investigate even though I'm useless at this sort of stuff.
Found the battery box full of water so rubber gloves and a sponge, and 10 sponges later no more water.
Then cleared the scuttle drain as that was very blocked.

Now though the scuttle water is coming out from 2 screw's at the front and also near the jack point at the back (see photo's).

Now have found a thread on here telling me about a drain hole under the battery, but where should the drain hole water actually go?

Attachments

I took the fabric wind protector off and installed the OEM Lexan one in its stead.

Before:
View attachment 580480

After:
View attachment 580481

The interior rear view mirror actually works in the dark now.
I’m thinking of going back to the fabric one as I can’t seem to get the Lexan one to stop rattling at motorway speeds - driving me nuts!

I’m thinking of going back to the fabric one as I can’t seem to get the Lexan one to stop rattling at motorway speeds - driving me nuts!
What about a felt washer? If not available, make one:they have sticky felt "pads" that are placed on the bottom of chair legs to stop scratching the floor.

Just drill a suitably sized hole in it to fit the bolt through??

Not sure how they are fastened as I have "mouse ears" 😉 so this may not be possible.

What about a felt washer? If not available, make one:they have sticky felt "pads" that are placed on the bottom of chair legs to stop scratching the floor.

Just drill a suitably sized hole in it to fit the bolt through??

Not sure how they are fastened as I have "mouse ears" 😉 so this may not be possible.
I have tried many things so far, including an equivalent. I wonder what other people’s experiences are rattle-wise - do they have one and if so do they mind/what have they done?

Have you ascertained where it rattles? I.e. is the Lexan pane loose in its frame, or does the entire center piece rattle against the fastening points of the roll bar inserts? Something else? I might have some ideas...

Have you ascertained where it rattles? I.e. is the Lexan pane loose in its frame, or does the entire center piece rattle against the fastening points of the roll bar inserts? Something else? I might have some ideas...
Originally, everything was rattling, because the whole thing was just so loose. I used various bits of to make it more secure. I actually think that it’s rattling because there is some vertical movement at speed that means it lifts off the pads at the bottom, which creates a new area for play. I’m pretty sure some glue or screws would sort it.

What I will do is get Fi to drive whilst I have play from the passenger seat and then come back to you. Thanks, but it’ll be a few weeks.

Been out giving the car it's first power wash and snow foam. Did it because it is going on for the paint correction tomorrow. Example of the bad swirl marks on the bonnet. Will give an update next weekend.
I have taken a few before photos ready for comparison.

Attachments

Didn’t happen today, but about 7 months ago, something shot up from the car in front of my car, and hit my grill and broke it. The mesh was broken and the star was slightly cracked. I eventually got a new, used grill, no star Though so I had to get one from the junkyard, the only one I could find had the chrome peeling off. I decided to just plastidip the whole grill to cover up the peeling chrome, then I also plasti dipped the other emblems as well, and the lower grill so everything matches, I used a transparent black on the hood emblem. It’s plastidip so it’s all reversible! I’ll have some better pics soon, my garage is pretty cramped, I want to take my car out for a photo shoot when I can.

11,241 - 11,260 of 14,388 Posts