Mercedes SLK World banner

8421 - 8440 of 8482 Posts

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,474 Posts
washed the car today, which for me is not a regular occurrence. I bought a bottle of Meguiar's ultimate car wash and wax, first time I have used this brand. Stunning results, I can't stop looking at the car !!
I use Meguiars, some great products which take some beating!

·
Registered 2013 SLK250 CDI
25 Posts
Last day on paint correction, 3 stage machine compound and polish, followed by sealent and a lovely coat of wax. The best I have ever had paint look on any car, new to detailing and so chuffed with the finished result of the Tenorite Grey. Reflection of myself in the paint to show how its comes up, apaolgies for the grim look.
Car cover put on after to keep it looking spotless.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
80 Posts
Finally, after far, far too long I managed to wash the car. I was unlucky enough to contract COVID-19 in March and was out of action for weeks. Finally feeling like I have enough energy to do normal things.

the car was a disgrace...

You get the idea!

So, after cleaning the wheels, a quick snow foam to loosen the rubbish, followed by a gentle pressure wash off, and it was ready for a good two-bucket wash.

Once it was washed and dried, sorted out a few little paint issues, treated the black bits to some Autoglym Trim Gel and it looked much better...

Managed to escape for an hour or so to make sure it was totally dry. Been a while since I’ve been for a long drive. Forgotten quite how quick it is!

Stopped for a quick photo... such a lovely time of year.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG/2009 SLK55 AMG
227 Posts
I took the beast out on some back Tennessee roads. I even manged to drive on "Awesome Avenue". Also, I think that i discovered that the previous owner of my car put i i in a Smarttop. I love finding hidden goodies. :) So now I have learn how everything works.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
52 Posts
Day two of ownership started with a proper clean of all the nooks and crannies, including blocked drain holes. I wish I had taken before and after pictures inside the fuel filler cap....

Then a wash, a clay over the complete body (amazed how much dirt came off a clean looking car, with even light clay) then another wash, followed by two coats of Meguiars gold class wax.

then a quick photo shoot at Goodwood. Race circuit first, then horse racing circuit. Great day, 45 miles of grins 😀

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,353 Posts
After a car wash today, had to go to the pharmacy to pick up medics for grandma... and was in a rush so didn't need to close the roof as I popped in... came out minutes later to find a nice Porsche 968 convertible (soft top) roof down like mine parked right next. How often do you find an open roof Porsche? for me they are a rarity... so captured the moment.

SLK+Porsche.jpg

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
164 Posts
Installed my new Street Guardian dashcam. Wedge design, had to go on the passenger side of the rear mirror housing - I offered it up onto the drivers side but it clashed with the back of the rear view mirror. The little GPS receiver however is on the drivers side of the car beside the mirror housing. So it's all nice and neat and discreet. Plus being the wedge design fixed onto the screen it doesn't interfere with the passenger sun visor. :cool:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,206 Posts
Installed my new Street Guardian dashcam. Wedge design, had to go on the passenger side of the rear mirror housing - I offered it up onto the drivers side but it clashed with the back of the rear view mirror. The little GPS receiver however is on the drivers side of the car beside the mirror housing. So it's all nice and neat and discreet. Plus being the wedge design fixed onto the screen it doesn't interfere with the passenger sun visor. :cool:
Please post a photo.
This may help others considering a dashcam.

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
13 Posts
2 day quarantine full detail! Snow Foam pressure wash, Clay bar, Glaze, Butter wet , Hybrid Ceramic wax and Meguiars Fast finish. Then quick engine detail to even pulling the wheels off and claying and waxing and sealing in and out. Best I ever got her!
😀

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
650 Posts

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK200
904 Posts
First friction wash in well over a month. Just flushed the 3 previous times. Must say Hybrid Ceramic Wox so far makes the job easy. Not least, it relates to the rims that I had to remove braking dust and other that had built up over a month (not all going off just flushing 3 times earlier), but loosened very easily with friction wash with the same coating on the rims 😁(y)

·
Registered 1998 SLK230K
46 Posts
As many of you will agree:
A picture worth a thousands words
IMG_20200519_150250.jpg IMG_20200519_150256.jpg IMG_20200519_150259.jpg IMG_20200519_164633.jpg IMG_20200519_164637.jpg IMG_20200519_164711.jpg IMG_20200519_164719.jpg
And yes the edge on top ( outside diameter ) of the disk is too deep! Both sides in and out as the disks are ventilated!
Thanks to EuroCarParts ignorance I still haven't got the files for metal (nor refund) for the order I made in the beginning of the month!
The pictures are dated, so time - sunny part of the day before yesterday!
Yesterday: IMG_20200520_144417.jpg open.png Closed.png
Trunk was not able to open, unlock, lock with the key. I used almost half wd40 3 weeks ago and no go!
Penetrating oil from Willko on the dismounted lock assembly - no go.
All was taken apart and cleaned (the little alloy piece is part of the locking cylinder) 4 + hours of slow and gentle scrub with WD40 and old toothbrush, spray with WD40, scrub, alcohol clean to see whare is the [email protected]@@@t that keeps it all together, more WD40, more alcohol ad then reversing in the lock with lots of grease!! And the key point, gently as I have only one key!
All of the steps were taken from here Boot lock fix
And now i can lock unlock the trunk with the key!
I have taken only video of disassembly and test after because I was greased/oiled to my neck!
Stay safe guys!

8421 - 8440 of 8482 Posts