Mercedes SLK World banner

8401 - 8420 of 8482 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts
Time for Techron in the Beast,,,,116700 miles. remember the tank needs to be near empty

if you are putting it into a 55...

Modern fuel has a TON of detergents in it (some brands have more than others), and fuel is somewhat of a solvent on it’s own, so cleaners really only help keep the back sides of valves cleaner, intake ports, etc- things like that- I wouldn’t go so far as to say it actually ‘cleans’ the fuel system. The M112/M113 family of engines don’t typically have a lot of issues with carbon buildup on the back of valves (like direct injection engines do), since fuel is constantly spraying on the back of the intake valves, which effectively keeps them clean.
It’s certainly not going to hurt anything, in any case.

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
6 Posts
Yesterday I washed and polished the car using the Meguiars products that I have used for a while now on my Lexus and am very pleased with the results.
Then carried out a check over the car as I have recently purchased it and driven it around for a week, all seems well so thought worth having a look even though it has just passed an MOT.
The front discs and pads are low and the front tyres are 10 years old and cracking (known when I bought the car) The air con was not working but from taking all wheels off and looking under and testing everything else seems all good.
Today I have had the car re gased (only 18grams of gas left in the system!) system holds gas under pressure and dye added just in case. To get the system re working it had to go on a computer (I think it was a launch system but not the Star machine as was not available) and now its working fine.
Just ordered two new front tyres, Michelin's, ready to go on tomorrow.
Carpets were a tad dirty so out with the wet vac and cleaned these.
Hoping with some small release on the lockdown here in the UK to be able to have a drive down to the coast tomorrow (30 miles away) so should see how the car fairs on the motorway.
Having had 3 of the r170's I have to say how much of an improvement the r171 seems to be.
All good so now have to make a few calls before having a test drive!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
650 Posts
Took the rear wheels off Mabel today, stripped the old rim tape off and gave them a thorough cleaning. They were showing signs of corrosion bubbles on the inside which'll be down to my not having had them off for cleaning for a couple of years. :( A good scraper and emery cloth, then rewashed and dried, before a quick flash over with some black alloy wheel paint. Though not perfect, they look a lot better and will do for this year. I'll consider getting them properly refurbished next year. I'd done the fronts a few days ago. Have some new tape, wheel nut covers, and centre caps to fit, but that's tomorrow's job. Off to settle the wheels in while the sun is still out. :) View attachment 576289 View attachment 576290
Very lush

·
Registered 1998 SLK230K
46 Posts
Well Me being ME has been ignoring K40 relay board.

However the EVIL part of me pushed me to disconnect and check it:
IMG_20200512_141425.jpg

The matchstick points a "funny" looking soldering - right on top of it!
But:
IMG_20200512_141434.jpg

Not only one funny looking [email protected]@@@t (top left trio needs zooming!). So used regular 60/40 alloy and the result - not exactly better (warning is on for a reason before the soldering of K40)!
IMG_20200512_193913.jpg

Lets see tomorrow!
Stay Dirty!
:)

·
Registered 2012 SLK250
31 Posts
Base map run.. not bad in 32 deg C heat. Intakes were warm at about 70. But it melts well to it’s target lambda and kept to about 0.85..

150 wheel Hp and 310nm

That’s 45 engine bhp and 70 nm torque
Ok so we made 215 bhp engine and 280nm

nick

Attachments

·
96,316 Posts
Remember this thread topic

What did you do to your SLK 'TODAY'?

Post what you did...and that is that....continued discussions can be carried on with the conversation/pm feature or start a new thread...

·
96,316 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK200
6 Posts
Yesterday I had two new front tyres fitted, drove out of garage only to have warning light appear on the dash, apparently the warning comes on when tyres are changed. I returned and all was made good. Set off on the trip to the coast we had planned now lockdown has eased and on came the brake wear warning light so ordered the new front discs and EBC Ultimax pads front and rear plus ware sensor. I have watched a YouTube video on fitting the discs and pads and seems straight forward so job likely to be done next week.

·
Premium Member 2011 SLK200
904 Posts
Maintained the car at A service today, including engine oil and oil filter change, coupe / pollen filter change, changed to new Bosch window vipers +++.

I have a big advantage of being a member of Mercedes enthusiast club in Norway (cost me only 45 euros per year and I get many benefits). For the whole job and parts today I paid only 300 euros. They worked with the car for about 2 hours. This is at an approved/registered Mercedes workshop. Normal price here would have been about 450-500 euros.

Happy car and happy car owner 😎

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,474 Posts
These arrived today after about four and a half weeks. Had looked at them a few times and dismissed the Idea, anyway while trying to keep busy in lockdown I decided to order some.
I thought naively that as I was dealing with a UK company the mats were coming from the Uk. Well surprise they came from China so after paying the purchase price I had a letter from Parcel Force Worldwide saying I needed to pay another £21.34 on top of the £74 purchase price, that £74 was with a 20% discount.
Well they are not too bad they look reasonable, the passenger side fits well, the cut out for the seat runner the drivers side is not quite in the correct place but not the end of the world.
All in all if I had paid about £40 for them I would have been more pleased!
NB all sanatising measures have been followed to the letter!! PPE was worn throughout the fitting process. 😁
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10219488536018392&set=pcb.798004300604425&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARDHq6jGWyxZKNbWUCwYN8sV1ZFPDBKNOo69UqcW3InWPjkmhkuipyDOsw_wHxoKS4tmSkmVc8FLaVXF

8401 - 8420 of 8482 Posts