Mercedes SLK World banner

8021 - 8040 of 8096 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,477 Posts
T'other day, I went to pick up 350 from inlaws.
As it had stood, I took an old, charged battery down and swapped (turning everything off first).

Fired first go and had good run on way home.

Yesterday, went to fire up and 'CLICK'!

I know that spare isn't great, but surprised it lost charge so quick.

Today, the freshly charged and newer battery goes back on & recharge the spare.

Not taking odds that it'll end up being a new battery at some point.
Main battery refitted and started first go.
Took for a bit of a spin.

I can confirm the flappy paddles were working well.

Two JCB drivers loved the purple.

Downside? Schools were kicking out and kids love the car and the colour.
Did more waving back than HRH

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,233 Posts
Finally got round to refitting my original tail light clusters, as my smoked LED ones had developed a fault and I'd been running on back ups according to the warnings on the dash, which meant when I braked the brake lights lit but the tail lights went out. The originals are working fine. I'll have to investigate what the fault was with the led ones when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
1,893 Posts
Took the opportunity to give the SLK a good wash having been out and about in it a couple of times since there's been salt on the roads. Haven't actually driven in the wet but still a light salt haze evident so wanted to wash that off. Also installed the winter interior floor mats that have been sitting 'in stock' for a while. Good snug fit, snapping on to the mat retainers easily.
Have also been in communication with a member here regarding a possible leak from a blocked battery compartment drain hole. In order to explain where that is, I took off the battery cover for a photo or two. Not happy with what I found though. There was water laying on the floor of the battery compartment where the pressed metal appears to be just below the raised lip of the drain hole moulding. Nice one Mercedes - rust out waiting to happen...........

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,294 Posts
Hi
Today with @Wilhelm Sorban help ( thank you !! ) I enabled the Agility mode in transmission.
Now I have
C - comfort mode
S- sport mode
M- manual mode
A-agility mode

The first impression is that Agility mode is between S and M mode, the car is kept in higher reves and the shifting/downshifting is a bit quicker than S mode.

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
40 Posts
Because I am 'cheap' I bought a secondhand set of clocks from a breaker who advertises on eBay. They are from a 350 but a manual so not directly compatible... probably NOT compatible in the slightest to be honest but, I bought them to take to bits and see how easy it is to replace the LCD screens to evict my 'pink shrimp'.
Now, most sets of gauges on that there eBay are well over a hundred quid and I was not willing to spend that amount to experiment. These, for some reason I cannot fathom (probably because they are for a manual and MB sold about 3 such cars in the UK (no idea of the real number but 3 sounds about right!) so not a huge demand.
I bought them on Sunday and they arrived this morning, beautifully wrapped and packaged and in perfect condition. However, as I told the guy selling what I wanted them for, he has stuck big BIG stickers all over the clocks (rear only) to warn that warranty is void if these seals are damaged or broken.
I am most impressed, to be honest as I did beat him up on the price a bit (it suggested to 'make an offer' so I did, twice!).
I have no idea how successful this will be but worth a try for such a small outlay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I replaced my front SAM with the latest version to resolve my AC issues, I had already replaced the faulty capacitors which cleared the fault code I had but didn't actually fix the fault, I expect the failed capacitors had damaged other components on the circuit board.

The new SAM has fixed the issue, the AC is icy cold again, total time about 1 hour including coding.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,477 Posts
Which brand of led taillights did u use?
Best to quote (button at bottom of relevant post)
or mention (simply add an '@' in front of name eg @username)
When asking a specific member a question.
Especially as this thread is 8,036 posts in content.

Otherwise, they may never view your question.

In the case of 'What Did You Do To Your SLK Today'
it is better to message (start a conversation) to avoid going off topic.

·
Registered 2004 SLK320
80 Posts
Best to quote (button at bottom of relevant post)
or mention (simply add an '@' in front of name eg @username)
When asking a specific member a question.
Especially as this thread is 8,036 posts in content.

Otherwise, they may never view your question.

In the case of 'What Did You Do To Your SLK Today'
it is better to message (start a conversation) to avoid going off topic.
I thought I did. I will message from now on, sorry.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG/JimmieZ
77 Posts
Whats the groovy little unit you've replace the ashtray with?
Richard
Actually that is part number A1716800552, it came standard on our cars, it is a coin tray for lack of a better name.
The Ashtray and lighter were an option but most dealers order their stock with the Lighter/tray option.. I found a couple A1716800552 and sacrificed them to make that panel so it fit in with the dash. E-bay think I paid $35 each for them.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200 Komp 'Silkie Growler'
415 Posts
Actually that is part number A1716800552, it came standard on our cars, it is a coin tray for lack of a better name.
The Ashtray and lighter were an option but most dealers order their stock with the Lighter/tray option.. I found a couple A1716800552 and sacrificed them to make that panel so it fit in with the dash. E-bay think I paid $35 each for them.
Brilliant! Thanks.

8021 - 8040 of 8096 Posts