Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 7875 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I think it would be cool if we had a thread (maybe a sticky :wink:) where we could post about what we did to our SLK today. Letting members have one place to post what they've done can give others members ideas on what to do.

For example, I got my SLK Monday and changed the differential fluid, the engine oil, and the spark plugs right away because I was not sure when it was last done. (I think that's all I did :wink: :grin: more coming later)

When was the last time your car had that done? This could be a great place for reminders and if you post here you can always look back and see the last time you did it or had it done.

It doesn't have to be just maintainence. It could be mods or cleaning too!

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
Congrats Chris on your new SLK! :smile:

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Did not do any actual work on it, but have a few thing in the "thought process" stage:

1) Work on drivers door window alignment. There is a slight leak and wind noise.
2) Fiddle with remote. It does not lock/unlock car.
3) Change oil. This is a time, not miles thing. We've had the car 18+ months and may have put 8,000 mikes on it.

When will you be coming by to do these with me? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did not do any actual work on it, but have a few thing in the "thought process" stage:

1) Work on drivers door window alignment. There is a slight leak and wind noise.
2) Fiddle with remote. It does not lock/unlock car.
3) Change oil. This is a time, not miles thing. We've had the car 18+ months and may have put 8,000 mikes on it.

When will you be coming by to do these with me? :laugh:
3) check the manual about the service indicator. I remember there being something about days or miles indicator.

·
Registered
57 Posts
After a trip a (good) garage yesterday and the guy stating he had done various tests and stuff but he could not diagnose the problem so it was all free of charge - she ran home perfectly. Then to work, perfectly - now for a lunch cruise - perfectly...

...I am not sure whether to hug it or kick it at the moment.

;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently bought this SLK 320 for my daughter for graduation. I have a list. I finally got around to working on it. Last night I rebuilt the hydraulic piston in the headliner. Putting it in today. FYI, the picks work ok, but a jewelers screwdriver is the trick.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Happy July the 4th!!!

Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July to everyone and remember all those who sacrificed to make this holiday possible and keeping it strong. Freedom comes with a price especially to those military and to the cops that keep our streets safe. I served 24 years AF and cop for 5 years, tough world we live in now and they need all the support we can provide. I would take my baby out but wife chore switching and painting doors, lol!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July to everyone and remember all those who sacrificed to make this holiday possible and keeping it strong. Freedom comes with a price especially to those military and to the cops that keep our streets safe. I served 24 years AF and cop for 5 years, tough world we live in now and they need all the support we can provide. I would take my baby out but wife chore switching and painting doors, lol!!
Happy 4th and thank you for your service.

Maybe you need to make a trip to the Home Depot for something small, like paint brushes, and can take the SLK. :tu:

Or to the store for some beer :Beer:

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
Looking forward to a late afternoon of sightseeing and dinner with Gork and daughter...hope the rain and traffic aren't too bad!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Happy 4th of July weekend to all our US cousins..

What did I do to the car....absolutely abused it by sat in traffic for nearly 4 hours getting to Niagara On the Lake...another 4 getting it back to bed....for any one in the 'America's' please take these Pan- Am games away from a City that has no clue how to organize anything 'World Class'...as for HOV lanes...who came up with that stupid idea as the Games don't start till next week...apparently Torontonians have to 'practice' using them:surprise:

·
Registered
63 Posts
What did you do today....

Happy 4th of July to my neighbours to the south! (and belated Canada Day to those of us here in Canada)

Washed my baby on Wednesday (Canada Day). Managed to get attacked by what must have been hundreds of birds the day before......

We've been going through a bit of a heat wave on the west coast, temps in the high 80s with lots of humidity. Not complaining though! Been great to have the top down for months now!

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I bought the car the check engine light was one with a P0135 code saying they heater was bad for the first O2 sensor.

Replaced the sensor today (got one from amazon for about $80) and no more engine light. :tu: Hopefully this brings the MPG up.

Then I let my younger sister drive it, her first time in a manual transmission. She did well.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Washed the SLK (haven't been washed for 3 months)
and sort of "watered" the lawn at the same time (strong water conservation measures in effect, notice lawn under distress)

·
Registered
570 Posts
My R1 concepts premier cross drilled rotors (ordered slotted, but turns out they cant do that for the 2005 because of rotor design) and ceramic pads arrived for front and back. I picked up new parking brake shoes. Next on the list will be to get it all installed and paint the calipers :)

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Happy 4th to everyone. Thanks Lanny, and everyone else, that served our country.

:usa:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Fitted perspex wind deflector (put the MB logo in upside down)
Spent 30 minutes removing and repositioning MB logo!
Rubbed down and filled, painted rust above rear number plate.
Had a beer.
Fitted new number plate holder and number plate.
Replaced number plate bulbs with LEDs.
Had a beer.
Sat in the garden and had a beer (or two).

Happy Independence day to our colonial cousins!

1 - 20 of 7875 Posts