Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next project after fixing my roof is repainting the interior. I found a lot of threads telling me I can oder fluid paint and touch up the spots. That would be ideal because I don't want to take the whole car apart. Only question is how do i find out what color to order?

Thanks
Marcel

·
Registered
527 Posts
Anybody use either of the interior touch ups? Give us your rating please and if possible, before and after pics.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
Anybody use either of the interior touch ups? Give us your rating please and if possible, before and after pics.

I used the original siambeige 215 from an ebay seller in Germany and it looks flawless.

Very easy to appy also.

Attachments

·
Registered
843 Posts
I ordered the touch up pen from germany through ebay. In my case the anthracite grey was not a great match.

Pic 1 the "before status"

Pic 2 after painting. The new paint is darker and glossier than the OEM paint on my interior.

Pic 3 after a light sanding to remove some sheen from the new paint.

conclusion: somewhat better than untreated, but not very satisfied with the color match and end result

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a spray can of anthracite grey from Germany. While close, I agree with above that it's not a perfect match (I pulled/painting the armrest part of the console). It's close and works good for now.

I'm considering a complete disassemble & respray of the entire dash/console this comming fall when it's time to put in storage again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our SLK has scarlet red interior so the chips were very visible. I used Volico´s touch-up pen and have to say that I´m very pleased. I also bought a small can of spray paint which I intend to use on door handle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used the original siambeige 215 from an ebay seller in Germany and it looks flawless.

Very easy to appy also.
Tcrankwa's interior looks awesome! I have a ton of chipping on my 2001 320 that needs to be taken cared of. I want to pull the whole interior, sand it, and paint it. Any pointers?

I haven't searched yet (let the flaming begin) for some DIY's on this but will in a sec. It'd be a fun project...turning a black interior into something different. Any advisement on spray paints? And are rattle cans sufficient enough or would I need to invest in an air brush?

·
589 Posts
Tcrankwa's interior looks awesome! I have a ton of chipping on my 2001 320 that needs to be taken cared of. I want to pull the whole interior, sand it, and paint it. Any pointers?

I haven't searched yet (let the flaming begin) for some DIY's on this but will in a sec. It'd be a fun project...turning a black interior into something different. Any advisement on spray paints? And are rattle cans sufficient enough or would I need to invest in an air brush?
Howdy and welcome to the forum! There are some informative videos here:

http://volico.de/shop/shop_content.php/coID/105

Good luck and don't forget to post photos!

·
589 Posts
Hmmm. I just tried ordering some spray paint from volico.de and it says it can't ship to the US. Anybody had luck doing this? Is there a US supplier?

·
Registered
34 Posts
looks great and thanks for the link to the ebay seller...what if I didn't want to paint the panels with a factory Mercedes color and wanted to find my own custom color...anything special I have to look for in rattle cans? Or do they make any special type of interior panel rattle can?

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts
Hmmm. I just tried ordering some spray paint from volico.de and it says it can't ship to the US. Anybody had luck doing this? Is there a US supplier?
When I ordered the website said the same thing, contact them via email and see if the ship spray paint to the US.

·
589 Posts
what is the type of paint they use for the interior? is it a vinyl paint or just some ordinary spray paint?
I'm sure it's a special paint just for this application. I notice when it sits for awhile it has to be stirred/shaken to mix. The paint I used is a flat finish. They also make a semi-gloss sealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great photos

I want to upgrade my console to something similar to yours Only i have a black centre console. would the paint cover this or is it only good for touch ups of the same color?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.