• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In follow-up to the previous color thread. . .
(I've combined some colors because of the
10 item limit).

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
In follow-up to the previous color thread. . .
(I've combined some colors because of the
10 item limit).
I actually posted a poll the other night, but because of the hackers on the site, it got lost. Mine was very similar to yours, and just went silver, black, blue etc, because of the 10 choice limits on polls, but at least I had green on mine:):)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Red is not just red...

What about green? Are those people with the cars that look black most of the time, but look slightly green or blue under direct light supposed to choose black or other?

There's only one option for red.

I think Mars Red, and maybe Orian Blue deserve a seperate category to show M-B that people are not only interested in more sedate, toned down colors.

PS: You know a large percentage of men have red / green color blindness. Frank does, the other day someone goes by with a firemist SLK and he says "Look a new color, when did they start painting them brown?"

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I actually posted a poll the other night, but because of the hackers on the site, it got lost. Mine was very similar to yours, and just went silver, black, blue etc, because of the 10 choice limits on polls, but at least I had green on mine:):)
You know the rear picture of your car looks dirty. I suggest taking another one during the "magic hours", then the sun wouldn't wash it out and make it look that way.

Interesting color. It actually shows a lot of color. I bet it is probably second on the choping block in the evil Mercedes-Benz plot to monochrome the world.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Great idea, this poll.
But where shall I put my dot, as I am driving a caspian blue SLK? And there are so many in this forum.
Sometimes she is black, sometimes turquoise, sometimes even blue!
Others or blue?

@Woolly: Cleaning is a good idea. ;)
The scenery is okay, so everybody gets an impression of the UK.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Those that click 'other' should specified their color in this tread.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What about green?
Oops, sorry about that; didn't see green listed on the MBUSA
site. Regarding subtypes (Mars Red,etc), the 10 item limit
restricted me so I went with the not very illuminating "other."
Well, you could use one category to hold both Mars Red and Orian Blue as well as the cool blue, copper and yellow of the R170:

"A color that wouldn't look appropriate on Byron'z Old-Man Lexus LS, nor would it be tasteful at a funeral." Or for short, BRASH. ;-)

Oh the copper would make the LS look pimp, wouldn't it? I'd have to get some spinners for it then! With the Vogue tires with the big white and thin gold stripe to really make it ghetto. I think Frank would take the sledge hammer to the SLK in retaliation.

Throw out all your sterotypes of a tasteful and sophisticated Bon Vivant gay guy out the window. I'm just like a straight guy, only impervious to the distractions of "breasts."

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
black is flying away with it. I am one of them winning the popularity contest, woohoo!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Maybe we should start a thread like this referring to what colour leather you have?

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
OK, I chose "other" because I have copper.

Oh the copper would make the LS look pimp, wouldn't it?
I agree, copper only looks good on a handful of cars. I remember seeing a factory painted copper Ford Escape
...what was Ford thinking?

Maybe we should start a thread like this referring to what colour leather you have?
Only if there's a Orange/Black option...:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think a poll about interior color choice would be cool, although
it would be most interesting if combined with exterior color choice.
Because of the numerous combination possibilities, perhaps
a combo poll using the top exterior choices from this poll would
be most practical. Also, I'd be interested if anyone would choose
a different color combo if they had it to do again.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
OK, I chose "other" because I have copper.

I agree, copper only looks good on a handful of cars. I remember seeing a factory painted copper Ford Escape
...what was Ford thinking?

Only if there's a Orange/Black option...:D
Copper or a very weird gold are the two colors of choice for older Lexus LS' and Acura Legends in "Liberty City" part of Miami. It looks great on a small car, but with a big car, it's quite extreme looking.

Sometimes weird is good. I know a guy in Illinois who has a VW microbus painted completely in that glow in the dark material.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.