Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was just searching through previous threads when I found one where DansSLK said that the dealer can add the tyre pressure sensors and fuel read out just by using a tool to enable it, which got me wondering, are there any other features that the dealer can enable and if so what are they?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, as it's apparently such an easy job I would think that the dealer wouldn't charge too much but does anyone know what the actual cost is for these types of add-ons?

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Hi

I was just searching through previous threads when I found one where DansSLK said that the dealer can add the tyre pressure sensors and fuel read out just by using a tool to enable it, which got me wondering, are there any other features that the dealer can enable and if so what are they?

That is very interesting, can you give me a link to the post?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can have them turn on the audible beep sound when your car is locked and unlocked. They did this for me for free because they were already in the computer for something else. I would guess they would charge about 45.00 dollars

·
Registered
414 Posts
per Dan ...Reverse Mirror Function - Should be on your car as standard the manual should tell you how to set the reverse position and then you can enable it using the cluster.

I could not find this function . Any idea how ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi,

Setting your moirrors is really easy...even I can do it (mechanically challenged female)!

1) you know that mirror control knob cluster-thingy on your center console? push the arrow that points to your pax mirror.

2) Use the knob to tilt your mirror down to where you can see your back tire/curb

3) "Set" the demand by pressing the seat position 1 on your driver seat control.

4) And...there's the selection in your steering wheel menu control to enable to option reverse mirrors on.

Step 4 might need to be done first...but I think thats pretty close.

Good luck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think that it is available on newer SLK's. My 05 55 has it as does Cat in her 06 but I think that it was deleted on newer models. Not 100%.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I don't think that it is available on newer SLK's. My 05 55 has it as does Cat in her 06 but I think that it was deleted on newer models. Not 100%.
Driller's right, for US spec models, the tilt-on-reverse function (software) on the passenger side rear view mirror is not available (not present in model year 2008 and later, IIRC).

The rear red fog lamp feature can be enabled for both sides and not just the driver side in US spec vehicles.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
2 more functions that can be enabled are:-

1. Rain sensing wipers (if you have the sensor - a lot of the early R171's did, without the function enabled).

2. For UK spec cars, it is possible to have the outside air temp. displayed in the lower section of the information display, instead of speed in Km/H. In my opinion, bearing in mind our weather, it is a much more important function than MB's wrong take on the UK construction & use regs ( the relevant part says 'you must have a speedometer CAPABLE of displaying speed in KM/H, not that you must display it all the time).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just thinking about this and was wondering, can the dealer remove the 155 speed limit from the same piece of kit or is that more complicated?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I was just thinking about this and was wondering, can the dealer remove the 155 speed limit from the same piece of kit or is that more complicated?
More complicated, as it's not designed to be removed, and is part of the ECU programming. About the only way to get rid of it is to have your ECU reflashed - and there are any number of "gotchas" associated with that!

Honestly, don't see it as much of a restriction in my case - I don't regularly track the car, and the one time I did I only managed a bit over 140 before I ran out of room - and that was more me than the car.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Who say's you will find it ;)
Dan mate,

I'm assuming you're talking about the limiter. Mo '07 55 doesn't seem to have it (but I didn't really say that)!;););)

D

·
0 Posts
I am indeed mate, it has always been 'soft' and now its been removed officially.

I assume one too many people complained about the embarrassment felt when a car half the price and power of the uber-MB they happened to be driving passed them because they where stuck on the limiter.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
For UK spec cars, it is possible to have the outside air temp. displayed in the lower section of the information display, instead of speed in Km/H. In my opinion, bearing in mind our weather, it is a much more important function than MB's wrong take on the UK construction & use regs ( the relevant part says 'you must have a speedometer CAPABLE of displaying speed in KM/H, not that you must display it all the time).
I like this feature on the R170 as it has it's own window. Those of you who've owned the 170 prior know this, obviously.

When it's cold out (close to freezing) I constantly monitor it to keep me informed of how close to black ice I am so I can adjust my speed accordingly.

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
39 Posts
The rear red fog lamp feature can be enabled for both sides and not just the driver side in US spec vehicles.
Hello. Seems you're also in Orange County (I am on the weekends) and have a year newer than myself. None-the-less, I'm curious how you engaged both rear fog lamps? Is this something I have to have done at the dealership, or can I do it myself?

Also, did you have trouble installing the clear front side-markers? It is an inexpensive mod' that I want to do and was reading you have to remove the fender well plastic. Does this also give you access to the front turn-signal and running light?

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate your posts on the forum.

Regards,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
2 more functions that can be enabled are:-

1. Rain sensing wipers (if you have the sensor - a lot of the early R171's did, without the function enabled).
I've got one of those cars. The data card says "no rain sensor" so the dealers won't switch it on unless I officially pay for them to purchase and install the updgrade. I'm hoping a frined will be able to get around that hitch all for the price of a triple-venti-half-pike.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I've got one of those cars. The data card says "no rain sensor" so the dealers won't switch it on unless I officially pay for them to purchase and install the updgrade. I'm hoping a frined will be able to get around that hitch all for the price of a triple-venti-half-pike.

Well, I know someone willing to give it a hell of a shot! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.