Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're like me, I'm sure your have some fantasy projects you would like to pursue if money and SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) allowed. Here's one of mine:

W124 E320 coupe, M104 inline six. I would want the engine rebuilt to C36 specifications, backed up by either the Getrag dogleg 5-speed from the 190E 16v or the six-speed box from a 2002 or later SLK or C-Class. I'd like it to roll on 18s, with 500E springs, dampers, and antiroll bars. Maybe even have the 500E fenders fitted in front and 500E quarters grafted in at the back. The car is getting repainted anyway, in the SLK's Designo Orange/copper with matching Burnt Orange/Black interior. The wheels will be a dark gunmetal gray. As an Oregon State Beaver, a classy orange car only makes sense to me!>:D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niiiiice! Yes, the old W111s were very stylish indeed. And the engine bay is large enough to accommodate almost anything. The size of the big coupes is just a little large for my preferences, but those are two very splendid examples.

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
I have too many fantasy projects in mind, but what I hope with my current cars:
SLK 55, full carbon kevlar shell for the body, tubular front and rear structures, reprofiled cams and full race headers.
C36, v12 from S65 and seat swaps from a newer C class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts