Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Stopped by my cleaners today and saw another SLK350 (same color) parked next to me. I mentioned SLK World to the lady and she wrote it down on the palm of her hand using her index finger. I hope she can read it when she gets home. >:D
I suppose with the US being such a big place, seeing other cars like our own is a much rarer event that it appears to be here in the overcrowded UK.

I've said before that during my daily lunch time walk, I can see at least 5 other SLKs of all vintages parked in car parks close to where I work. I usually see two others on the way to/home from work (though they never acknowledge), depending on the time I'm on the road.

I've got a few cards in the car, I'll make sure they come with us to Chatsworth.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
The North Wales tour pulled up at the hotel to find another SLK (not in our group) parked outside.

In the US, a quick PM to Marykay will have you loaded with cards and ready to recruit more members.
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/50921-slkworld-business-cards.html
Myk, the card was somewhat soggy when the owner turned up the next morning (remember all that rain?), so I handed the owner and his wife a nice fresh new card while chatting to them before they headed off on their journey home. :tu:

... oh, and they're from the Midlands too! (somewhere near Wolverhampton) :D

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,785 Posts
... oh, and they're from the Midlands too! (somewhere near Wolverhampton) :D
Hmm!

Maybe it is becoming the Midlands Massive(er)?

Not quite the same ring to it.

How about the Midlands Pervaders?

[Pervade: be present and apparent throughout] :grin:

That fits with having honourary Scouse and Scottish members.:wink:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,478 Posts
Hey! the OP is from

Jules555 was talking to the OP
You need to get yourself some SLKworld calling cards

how did the convo get to the UK? :D

·