Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 320- I was going to get 2 air filters, but they are like $50, so I thought why not go K&N. I was going to go K&N when I realized for like $120, maybe I should look at aftermarket.

I did some searching and a lot of the 171 guys love the "green" filters, but I ahven't been able to find them for the 170. Guess that leaves me with K&N

I did see some recommendations for BMCs, but at $225, and a similar design to K&N, Not sure if I'm convinced.

haven't seen many if any "legitimate" intake contenders.

Anyone want to weigh in?

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I have a 320- I was going to get 2 air filters, but they are like $50, so I thought why not go K&N. I was going to go K&N when I realized for like $120, maybe I should look at aftermarket.

I did some searching and a lot of the 171 guys love the "green" filters, but I ahven't been able to find them for the 170. Guess that leaves me with K&N

I did see some recommendations for BMCs, but at $225, and a similar design to K&N, Not sure if I'm convinced.

haven't seen many if any "legitimate" intake contenders.

Anyone want to weigh in?
K&N is aftermarket... Everyone has their own opinion on K&N vs. Green Filters vs. Stock filters. Having owned K&N and Green Filters personally, I would recommend giving aFe Pro Dry S filters a shot. The fact that they are easy to maintain (no chance of over-oiling your filters) is a no-brainer to me. If you still have sticker shock, you should probably stay away from any modifications. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K&N is aftermarket... Everyone has their own opinion on K&N vs. Green Filters vs. Stock filters. Having owned K&N and Green Filters personally, I would recommend giving aFe Pro Dry S filters a shot. The fact that they are easy to maintain (no chance of over-oiling your filters) is a no-brainer to me. If you still have sticker shock, you should probably stay away from any modifications. :biglaugh:
heck, I've got over $10k in my 2010 Camaro SS... haha... not afraid of aftermarket, just referring to the fact that K&N is just a drop in filter as opposed to doing a full CAI or whatnot, but I dont see many CAI options.

Checked out the aFe Pro Dry S filters, but are they worth the cost? How do they compare to K&N?

I won't put on 10k on the motor, so I'm not worried about reoiling it or whatnot... plus I've owned more then 40 vehicles and over half were running K&N so I'm more than used to it. Not brand devoted or anything though, so if the aFes are superior for more reasons than just no oil, it may be worth the cost! (gains listed are about the same as what K&N claims?)

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts