Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turns out one of my passenger side drainage wholes was blocked which meant water coming and dripping onto my passenger seat,

Now because I was away for a few months, and the fact I live in England, the water has soaked into the seat and seems to want to stay!

I have tried the old weight and news paper trick, even put the heated seat on to try and get the moister out but still its there... so much so small amounts of what seems to be mold is coming up thought the wholes in the leather. :(

Does this mean £250 for a new seat (fixed the leak) or is there a good way to dry it out/make sure no more mold grows

Very Sad :(

·
Registered
333 Posts
My husband has just bought new leather seats for his TT for £180 delivered, they weren't in a great condition, so he's bought some kit to re-condition them and the results are pretty good (in my dining room unfortunately...)

Maybe put the heated seat thing on a few more times to make sure it's really dried out then try treating the leather? Must be worth trying that first before buying new seats.

He got the stuff from a place called liquidleather.com They are UK based (West Yorkshire) Apparently they also do a waterproofing product, but I guess it's a bit late for you. He says you can also phone them up for advice, so it might be worth a go.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hope it helps. His seats were quite shoddy when he bought them, worse than the ebay seller suggested and they are starting to look like new again.

My Slk is getting on a bit, so I'm going to try the conditioning stuff on my seats too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.