Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post some pics up in a bit, but I went to my first race of pretty much any kind. I have been to a few drifting events since they are within 5 hours but this was my first road racing event to attend/watch.

We have a track about 1.5 hrs from my house so I went up and checked it out. Pretty nice place. Barber Motorsports Park. They also have a Museum there with an unbelivable number of bikes and some cars. 5 floors or something like that. Didn't get to look through it real close but will go back soon and spend a day. We did get to see them running the HAAS CnC machines turning out little sample parts. Stood 6" from it so that was cool. Had a shelby aluminum body hanging on the wall. They also fired a few things up to get the crowd's attention. Most everything they have seems to be associated with racing. Had a original 1990 Corvette ZL-1 there with the plastic still on the seats and optional glass top.

Pics to come, they aren't great, but will be ok.

·
Founding member #7
2,151 Posts
I think that is the place that my boss went to when he got his Porsche. He had a great time driving around the course there (although apparently it was designed as a motorcycle course).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts