Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home tonight and this weird light came on. It's the light that normally comes when another sensor is active. Just this one light is showing. Anyone have any ideas? Just bought this car Saturday. It's a 2001 with 107k miles on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the brakes done today but that light was not on after. It came on randomly like hours later. I just updated the post with a picture.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealership had it serviced before I bought it. I need to go get it checked out with a computer and maybe have some more service done to it.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
This is what your owners manual says:

Exterior lamp failure indicator lamp

With the key in steering lock position 2, an
indicator lamp comes on. It should go out
when the engine is running.
If the warning lamp does not go out after starting the
engine, or if it comes on while driving, this lamp
indicates a failure in the parking lamp, taillamp, stop
lamp, or low beam headlamp.
If an exterior lamp fails, the indicator lamp will come on
only when that lamp is switched on.
If a brake lamp fails, the lamp failure indicator will
come on when applying the brake and stays on until the
engine is turned off.
Note:
If additional lighting equipment is installed (e.g.
auxiliary headlamps etc.) be certain to connect into the
fuse before the failure indicator monitoring unit in
order to avoid damaging the system

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
170 owners-please chime in. It may be something as simple as a loose tail light connection? I'm not good with cars, I just google and read a lot LOL.

Boys, help the gent out please.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
These cars cost a fortune.. in every sense of the word. Search for threads in regards to loose wiring in the tail lights. I can't imagine it being that hard to open the trunk and check some wires. Also, check the headlight connections. You have a facelift model. Everything should be pug and play.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you get the red carpet treatment?
Ya he offered a lot of friendly advice. He said I made a wise decision on the model and year that I got, that they are very reliable. He also mentioned for a general tuneup and service would cost me about $500.

·
Registered
54 Posts
AAAAAAAHHHH!!! Your car is IDENTICAL to mine! I even get that weird light sometimes, too! (Rarely, but it happens and goes right off.)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ya he offered a lot of friendly advice. He said I made a wise decision on the model and year that I got, that they are very reliable. He also mentioned for a general tuneup and service would cost me about $500.
woah $500 without even seeing the car !!!!!

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,479 Posts
He has always gone above and beyond for me. All the "little" things that can nickel and dime the bill way up he has just done. Any Star Diag stuff, N/C. Setting the lights to HID for my self install, free. Bulbs that are simple, did along with other stuff. So I have and will not question either his findings or bill. He is more then fair, and is mod-friendly, likes to help and try new things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.