Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally make it out to the local strip for the first time this year after missing the first couple events due to work/weather. Unfortunately not a good time now though for setting new 1/4 mile bests what with the hot weather we've been having recently. Great for cruising, not so great for racing *L*.

Anyway ran a STRING (8 in a row!) of 12.8x's at right around 109mph on a day when the other regulars where off by a couple tenths and a couple mph in the 90* weather and 95% humidity :eek: , with rain showers passing through earlier in the day. Did set new best 60' with a couple 1.8x's and a new 1/8mile of low 8.2's, courtesy of those new sixties. So even with the bad air, the improvement in short times is courtesy of the Ultraleggeras I'm thinking. But new 1/4 PB's will have to wait for better fall air.

All in all a great day racing with some friends - never a bad way to waste time LOL! :tu:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That's great times especially for the weather. I have yet hit 110 nor 12.7. Hopefully, I'll hit it eventually. I think lowering the vehicle equals slightly worse contact and that might account for my time.

BTW, What tires/size are you using?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lowering a car can definitely hurt your times as not only contact patch can be affected, but weight transfer on launch as well. As for tires I'm using Bridgestone Potenze RE-01R's in 255/35-18 size and I gotta say they're MILES ahead of the old Pirelli's for traction; these things stick like **** to a baby blanket! :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ran some test 'n tune then entered the Gambler's bracket competition - got through 3 round only there. The car was consistent, my lights weren't *L*...redlighted with a 0.497...3 one thousands under and I happened to nail my dial in dead on....damn! *L*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts