Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
607 Posts
Hard to chose today. Love the pigeon man. Jumbos landing at the old Kai Tak airport, doesn't happen any more. The pilots used to aim for a large chequer board on the mountain then turn at the last moment for landing, as in the picture. The new airport was opened over 15 years ago now.
Kai Tak chequer board.jpg

·
* Registered
2017, SL400
1,333 Posts
Hard to chose today. Love the pigeon man. Jumbos landing at the old Kai Tak airport, doesn't happen any more. The pilots used to aim for a large chequer board on the mountain then turn at the last moment for landing, as in the picture. The new airport was opened over 15 years ago now. View attachment 596914
I think it was July 1998 so about 23 years now.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
995 Posts
Remote learning for me, just brilliant!

I’ll never forget flying into the old Kai Tak airport. You could look out of the windows and see peoples washing on lines out to dry!!! It was nuts. I’ve also flown into Chek Lap Kok, wow, that bullet train is an experience at nearly 100mph. It just feels like flying, no clickety clack.... just a smooth hiss. Super high tech...

Great pics Tim.

EDIT: took me ages to work out what was front and back on the gold Dodge. Only the position of the seats gave it away. I wonder how you get in? 😂😂😂

EDIT: whaaat, crazy...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts