Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost 300 miles, took just over 7 hours driving time.

MPG when we pulled in the driveway was 32.7, hit a high of 32.9

surprised there weren't more cars on the road, especially coming home.

temp varied from 75 to 89 F, top down all the way.

also saw very few police cars, and none set up on the side of the road with radar.

saw zero SLKs but a number of Z4s and vetts.

number of motorcycles, almost half the operators were women.

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont

funny, didn't see that many police, no radar cars. today in a 5 mile stretch of road saw 3 definite looking for speeders and a possible 4th.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have done a few rides up through northern New England. lots of great roads and the weather was fantastic. Always looking for a ride partner, one of these days we should arrange a meet and drive. I get into Boston on a kind of regular basis. Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
659 Posts
with an avg mph of 42.8, I assume it was through the back-country?? So.. Where's the pics? :usa:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with an avg mph of 42.8, I assume it was through the back-country?? So.. Where's the pics? :usa:

yes secondary and tertiary roads. most of the route is one of our favorites, however, some of it has become a washboard so we were trying to find away around that portion of the road on this trip.

don't normally take pictures

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
You're right!

Try this. Use a start point near your home or a central location (major intersection) on your route. Then add a point midway along the route; you can then click and drag the route to follow your desired route (secondary roads vs google's choice of freeways). I believe there is an option to add points beyond your midway point, in my example, or you can just plot a return journey.

Once your route is set, on the top right corner there is a "link" button, which will highlight blue when you click it. Hit Ctrl C and then click on the link button on the post (little globe and chain link icon) Ctrl V into that window and you're done. :burnout:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts