Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have so many parts available for the M112 motor, but need someone to test fit our Crossfire intake and see if it will fit on the SLK.

I don't care where you are in the country, I will sell you the kit at cost. If it fits, keep it. If not send it back, or let us know what needs to be modified to make it work.

SLK320s in NJ are rare it seems, 230s are everywhere.

This intake has shown +8RWHP +12RWTQ on a stock crossfire, so gains will be similar for these cars. Plus it's bolt on and a very simple upgrade.

If interested please email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
604 Posts
anthony if this is a thru the rad support intake we dont have the room the xfires have in front of the grill for the filters. is the kit on your website for me to see?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anthony if this is a thru the rad support intake we dont have the room the xfires have in front of the grill for the filters. is the kit on your website for me to see?
This is not a through the rad design. We did one of those for a SLK230 and while the gains were good, its not the style I prefer. We would like to route this like the Crossfire in the lower grile area.

You can get the basic idea from checking out our install instructions for the NA crossfire found here: http://pn.b5z.net/i/u/6138924/i/CAI_Instructions.pdf

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
interesting idea anthony. did you ever think about a sl55 y splitter and running duals?
Nope and probably won't. With a MAF system the key is to reduce turbulence as much as possible before it hits the sensor. Having two paths of air colliding right before the MAF is not a good idea. On the stock airbox there is an additional screen before the MAF to help this, but with the Y-splitter there isn't. On top of that the N/A motor ingests more then enough air through a single pipe, adding more is overkill. Even the M112k gets more then enough air from a single set up. A dual set up looks cool, but I think that's about where the perks stop.

We've been running the single intake on the NA cars for nearly 5 years with 0 issues except excessively smiling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone has a spare used airbox and intakes for use on a 6 cyl. XF (SLK 230?) I would appreciate it.:hail:
Many thanks,
PACEMAKER

1 - 9 of 9 Posts