Mercedes SLK World banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I'm getting to grips with the layout and functions but do have three little questions to ask:
  1. Why only 24 hours in which to edit a post? I've relied on the 10 day rule from the old forum every time I set up a DIY as it helps you to refine the info others may depend on in the future. This will only result in more work for the moderators.
  2. What do you mean 'I cannot delete a post'? That's going to result in even MORE work for the moderators! And extra time when the wrong post info is available for all to see.
  3. Why such a restrictive '4 lines / 1 picture' for the signature?
Are these default rules; rules from the hosting platform or decisions made as part of the migration?

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Why don't the Signature picture show?
I liked to see other people's cars. Yes I know I can press to see but....
As above, why the limit on lines (4) I had a couple links and I know others did just as a quick guide.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Why don't the Signature picture show?
I liked to see other people's cars. Yes I know I can press to see but....
As above, why the limit on lines (4) I had a couple links and I know others did just as a quick guide.
Been mentioned by us to PTB. YOU have to manually select "show all signatures" for YOU to see them (ONLY if the other user(s) have also chosen that option AFAIK/in my experience so far--we are still learning). If they haven't , they won't see yours and AFAIK you won't see theirs. Paying members paid for a reason, one of which was to get a personalized signature that all would see by default.

We don't like it either 😉

As for the 4 line limit (plus pic)-->because it's the way (all their) forums are set up. As soon as you attempt to change yours, you will be limited to the 4 + pic (your current multi-line sig is "grandfathered").

If enough people comment on changing it back......... maybe.

All we can do at this point is comment on changes and hope we are listened to.........or we adjust 👍

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
So I can't see the "show all signatures" button, is it in my profile?
How do I edit my signature? If I press on the Avitar it shows an Edit icon but the Signature panel doesn't do anything.
I tried searching.....honest
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
So I can't see the "show all signatures" button, is it in my profile?
How do I edit my signature? If I press on the Avitar it shows an Edit icon but the Signature panel doesn't do anything.
I tried searching.....honest
Cheers
Here's a partial screenie of what I see
Screenshot_20191201-154623_Chrome.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
IF YOU WANT:

click on your icon (top right) then in drop down go to "account settings" then on the left "signature".

Don't forget to save changes (at bottom of screen) but like I said you will get a warning that you only have 5 lines (4 plus a picture that you "drag" into it). More than that, you can't save it.

That is the same for members and us.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Yes, I can see that also bug how do I edit it?
I can't see "show all signatures" is there a button of switch in my about profile or is it somewhere on the main forum screen?
Cheers
Or is it because I am old?

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Yes, I can see that also bug how do I edit it?
I can't see "show all signatures" is there a button of switch in my about profile or is it somewhere on the main forum screen?
Cheers
Or is it because I am old?
Heck Russ, most of us are old ;)

Edit your current sig in the same way as in post 109 above.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
All...
if you look at the FAQ‘s that can be found via the ‘help’ button that’s almost hidden right at the very bottom of the page! ( I’ve suggested this is moved to under the three dots.. so we stand some chance of finding it :sneaky:), if has some very good info on how the new site works.
heres a direct link https://www.slkworld.com/help/faq/
hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Now... when Is the heading picture getting changed for one with 170, 171 and 172 models?
also... where’s my ROTM banner gone? :oops:

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
Now... when Is the heading picture getting changed for one with 170, 171 and 172 models?
also... where’s my ROTM banner gone? :oops:
Not to belittle your question BUT it's been asked and answered--PTB working on it.

·
Administrator
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
All...
if you look at the FAQ‘s that can be found via the ‘help’ button that’s almost hidden right at the very bottom of the page! ( I’ve suggested this is moved to under the three dots.. so we stand some chance of finding it :sneaky:), if has some very good info on how the new site works.
heres a direct link https://www.slkworld.com/help/faq/
hope this helps.
Note this move should be happening with the update later today.

Jeff M

101 - 120 of 153 Posts