Mercedes SLK World banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Regarding the "following" or "participated" flag - I do see the little eyeball to the right on threads I've participated in - but I also see that same eyeball on welcome threads that I have not participated in. Is there a setting I've missed?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I can no longer get my signature viewable. It keeps saying 2 line(s) too long!!! Not sure I understand what is going on. Not to pile on (sorry Mods) but this new forum is killing all the fun.... Not sure it is worth all the hassle...

Can we not just have our old forum back??? And allow members a choice of which version they want to load???

I want our old forum back... and if many feel same, why won't the Admins listen to its members?

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
I can no longer get my signature viewable. It keeps saying 2 line(s) too long!!! Not sure I understand what is going on. Not to pile on (sorry Mods) but this new forum is killing all the fun.... Not sure it is worth all the hassle...

Can we not just have our old forum back??? And allow members a choice of which version they want to load???

I want our old forum back... and if many feel same, why won't the Admins listen to its members?
Sorry, but site owners made the change and won't revert.

It gets better with use.

You can only have 5 (I think) lines and one pic/link in your signature now.

Click on small avatar to right side of banner and select ' account settings'
to access signature., which you scroll down to on left hand side.

·
Super Moderator
11,060 Posts
5 lines Including the pic. Don't know why Jeff has so many lines but it may be because he hasn't added a pic since the transition (grandfathered so to speak till he edits it).

Once he does it may be the same 5 lines. Like mine.

Admin may be different, I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
5 lines Including the pic. Don't know why Jeff has so many lines but it may be because he hasn't added a pic since the transition. Once he does it may be the same 5 lines. Admin may be different, I don't know.
That's what happened to me.
Once you put a pic back it enforces the new rules, I believe.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,875 Posts
every time i try to add my pic, it gives me the amount i can have so i just abort and keep what i had until support can address

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I can't find an answer as yet. Not much on mobile use as yet.
But, as you say, at time of this post, you have not replied.

Have you viewed the thread, ie opened it up?

We can try a test, with your help.

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
I think I might've answered my own question. When I go to the forum view, and click on a forum, there is an option to "follow or unfollow forum". In my case I'm following the new user forum. I'll try unfollowing.

·
Administrator
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.Both guest and members can view signatures.
If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Thought I would just say.... I like the new forum Layout!
It reminds me of when I changed from a Windows phone to an iPhone, I kept trying to use the new one in the old way (that I’d been unknowingly forced to learn)!
It took me a while to realise that I just tapped the number to dial it, unlike the old way where I had to select the number and then click ‘dial’

If you just look at it with new eyes, it’s all very logical and easy to work around (mostly). Agreed that some bits haven’t transferred well from the old site with signatures etc needing to be reset, but once these have been renewed (not the biggest of issues) it looks and feels much slicker than the old.
I love that it now all looks the same on my PC, iPad and phone 😀 and the Dark mode is the only view I now use.

I know some will disagree but I really feel that once you’ve got over the ‘it used to work this way’ bit, it’s a good site and will be good for the club Moving forward.

Thanks to all the Admin’s, both the backend IT and frontend forum members, for all their hard work in getting the site moved over and dealing with the ‘ripples‘ that circled out from the Big Bang! Please keep up the good work.

My last thought ... Maybe a locked single page with a ‘guide to the forum’ showing some of the screenshots found here along with hint and tips to some of the deeper setting, all laid out in a logical manner and linked off the drop down men, would help new and old visitors alike.

·
AND MABEL
13,809 Posts
It reminds me of when I changed from a Windows phone to an iPhone, I kept trying to use the new one in the old way (that I’d been unknowingly forced to learn)!
It took me a while to realise that I just tapped the number to dial it, unlike the old way where I had to select the number and then click ‘dial’

If you just look at it with new eyes, it’s all very logical and easy to work around (mostly). Agreed that some bits haven’t transferred well from the old site with signatures etc needing to be reset, but once these have been renewed (not the biggest of issues) it looks and feels much slicker than the old.
I love that it now all looks the same on my PC, iPad and phone 😀 and the Dark mode is the only view I now use.

I know some will disagree but I really feel that once you’ve got over the ‘it used to work this way’ bit, it’s a good site and will be good for the club Moving forward.

Thanks to all the Admin’s, both the backend IT and frontend forum members, for all their hard work in getting the site moved over and dealing with the ‘ripples‘ that circled out from the Big Bang! Please keep up the good work.

My last thought ... Maybe a locked single page with a ‘guide to the forum’ showing some of the screenshots found here along with hint and tips to some of the deeper setting, all laid out in a logical manner and linked off the drop down men, would help new and old visitors alike.
You've summed my thoughts up well Mike. (y)

People don't like change and it can take an effort to adapt to new things, but I think this story very apt ……...

The King and The Spider.

Vikram was a brave king. Once, he had to fight against a large army with just a few soldiers, he was defeated. He had to run for his life and took shelter in a forest cave. He was very depressed. His courage had left him. He was blankly gazing at the ceiling of the cave. An interesting scene captured his attention. A small spider was trying to weave a web across the cave ceiling. As the spider crawled up, a thread of the web broke and the spider fell down. But the spider did not give up. He tried to climb again and again. Finally, the spider successfully climbed up and completed the web. Vikram began to think, "If a small spider can face failure so bravely, why should I give up? I will try with all might till I win". This thought gave strength to the defeated king. He collected his brave soldiers. He fought against the large army. He was defeated again. But now, he would not give up his fight. Again and again he fought against the large army and finally, after many attempts defeated the large army and regained his kingdom. He had learnt a lesson from the spider.

MORAL : Perseverance paves way to success. :)

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
You've summed my thoughts up well Mike. (y)

People don't like change and it can take an effort to adapt to new things, but I think this story very apt ……...

The King and The Spider.

Vikram was a brave king. Once, he had to fight against a large army with just a few soldiers, he was defeated. He had to run for his life and took shelter in a forest cave. He was very depressed. His courage had left him. He was blankly gazing at the ceiling of the cave. An interesting scene captured his attention. A small spider was trying to weave a web across the cave ceiling. As the spider crawled up, a thread of the web broke and the spider fell down. But the spider did not give up. He tried to climb again and again. Finally, the spider successfully climbed up and completed the web. Vikram began to think, "If a small spider can face failure so bravely, why should I give up? I will try with all might till I win". This thought gave strength to the defeated king. He collected his brave soldiers. He fought against the large army. He was defeated again. But now, he would not give up his fight. Again and again he fought against the large army and finally, after many attempts defeated the large army and regained his kingdom. He had learnt a lesson from the spider.

MORAL : Perseverance paves way to success. :)
I bet you found that on the web 🥳
Under new threads. o_O

·
Administrator
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Heya,

Would a more obvious access to the FAQ help with the tutorials section you're looking for? Currently it's under the help tab at the bottom of the page.

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Would a more obvious access to the FAQ help with the tutorials section you're looking for? Currently it's under the help tab at the bottom of the page.
Yep! I would never have found it there!
It answers many questions and maybe under the three dots would be better??

81 - 100 of 153 Posts