Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, never had trouble with my PSE until tonight, got pulled out of bed as the car alarm was going off in the garage. Checked the PSE and found some water on the floor in the trunk, and the foam "box" for the PSE was a little damp.

I had gotten the car rust proofed a week or so ago, and when finished they washed it with a pressure washer - I figure that's when it got wet.

I checked my drains and they're all perfectly clear, so I am not sure why it'd be getting wet. Likely a design fault somewhere; so what have you guys done to keep it from getting wet??

As an aside, I found my PSE in a foam box (which looks very OE), but my brothers car (98 SLK230), we found his PSE just sitting on the floor in the trunk. Did they add the foam box in the facelift models?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,475 Posts
pneumatic pump

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Stupid question, I'm sure, what's a PSE? (Love my acronyms)
There are no stupid questions on this forum!

Named my PSE 'piece of $tuff electronics'!

The 'chirp' when locking my car, interior lights, and trunk light all inop. $800 + tax for the dealer to fix it. UGH! And mine is dry! Go figure.

As to the original question, my son's 2000 is wrapped in foam.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I left the PSE out of it's foam box and the trunk open overnight, and the alarm never went off again, so I think I am in good shape. When I get back after work I'll put everything back together and hope it stays dry.

As a note: Aside from the alarm going, everything else seemed to still be working fine; interior lighting, locks, remote, trunk light, etc. So I think it may have just been a "little damp". I know when my brother's PSE was sitting in a puddle all the items I mentioned above weren't working properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.