Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know most if the slk32's on here are also on benzworld and crossfire forum but im gonna post this for the few that arent.
theres a special deal going on at the xfire forum to have a wavetrac limited slip differential built for the slk32 amg. for anyone who races their 32 be aware the rear diff is the weak link in the driveline. to date there is no upgrade or replacement for the rear diff...... until now!! we are taking deposits and hopefully will have the req. # of people to get the prototype going. once production starts we are looking at 30 to 90 days for all the units to be built.
if anyone wants 1 e,mail me at [email protected] or call me at 615 579 7997. ill fill you in with any questions you have.
http://wavetrac.net/technical.htm

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Wavetrac

Hi 320 dreamer,

Did you ever get the wavetrac installed? I've seen a few posts about people ordering one but no details on the end result. Also the r170 or srt6 are not mentioned on the wavetrac website.

Thanks

Steve

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,361 Posts
steve, i have not seen/heard from 320 dreamer in a while. i hope i am mistaken.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im still around! i totalled my slk32 a few weeks back and am searching for my next 32.
as for the wavetrac there is a holdup. we were put on the backburner in favor of building the lsd for the new mustang.(bigger sales potential for them) we pushed to get it done and design resumed. the issue now is the material they use for the metal isnt meeting their standards. the furnace used to treat the metal is only fired once a month and we have been waiting patiently.
the new timeline is approx june of 2011 for the prototype to be finished then 30 to 90 days for the production units
i cant tell you if more units will become available but it isnt likely unless another group buy is initiated. we have 25 confirmed orders and they will be the first run. maybe 5 more units but nobody knows
you wont see the slk32 on the website until the production run. even then because of the low # of cars built (approx 6000 total units between the 32 and the srt-6 ) it isnt likely this will be a stocked item
ill update you as i get the info

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,361 Posts
There you are!!!!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i found my slk32 and my diff is in cali as we speak getting the wavetrac installed. so far 4 units are in cars and most importantly the s/c v8 crossfire has it in !! with 500 rwhp he will find all the weak links!! you will be able to order a unit after the intial g/b is completed thru unitrax or needswings. needswings also carriews the recommended oil for the diff. see everyone at the track!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Wavetrac results.

Hi Guys,

I bought a Wavetrac from Rob and am getting it installed today.

I'd be interested in any feedback from anyone who has one. How's she handle?, any issues? any tips on modifying driving style to accomodate etc.

Many thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have had mine in the car for a couple months. launching the car is very predictable with both wheels spinning. using the car in the twistys the rear will come out on you under full power if you arent careful but its predictable. best part is knowing no way you will break it!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Wavetrac installed. Love it. Car feels rock solid, always had plenty of power, but now handles like my old mx5.
The guys that installed it were great. Www.difflap.com.au. Did it cheap, on time with no dramas whatsoever.
Just got to convince the Mrs that the car is now underpowered for the level of grip. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.