Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new way for modding the cars you find in the watertransfer print. It´s a very high quality print of plastic or metal products. You chose your finish - carbon, any kind of wood - personal photos are possible - what ever you like!

If you like your rims in oak finish - no problem. I am sorry not to know about prices, but it is amazing to see how easy it works.

Has anybody experience in that?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Isn't this just called pad printing? nothing very special? Also, the picture at the bottom is genuine wood, made by Carat Duchtalet, and also carried by AMG.

·
3,053 Posts
Hm...i wouldn't trust a company like that... Those items in the picture are made out of real wood, unless they printed a wood pattern OVER genuine wood which would make no sense at all.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
stone chips and general wear and tear would dog ear the print after a while. plus im sure power washing them wouldn't be too good for them either.
interior parts would be cool tho.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I think this will work for the blank silver piece on the shift knob of the SLK55 -- a water transfer of the black series emblem.

·
3,053 Posts
Yeah, pad printing would work for the knob as well, but the effect won't be the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.