Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a flooded passenger footwell, now fixed, the radio sound is goofy. It's an aftermarket radio, routed through the factory amp under the floor.
There's no sound from the front speakers, and the overall sound is muffled. I haven't torn into it yet, as it was late last night we checked it out. Is there hope that the amplifier might still be good once dry?
Hoping I don't have to go see Crazy Al for another SLK part from his backyard parts farm. :|
marc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in Kailua and totaled my SLK in the Pali tunnels during the last rains... You can have my bose amp if you want and don't have to visit the crazy guy in Waianee .... lol
The Pali Highway can be a harsh mistress... Sorry for your loss!

PM sent.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Pali Highway can be a harsh mistress... Sorry for your loss!

PM sent.
I am still in shock at what happened but this was one hundred percent foolishness on my part running rear tires not rated for rain of any kind. If you are heading out of Kailua for Town look for the blue streak about 6 feet high as I surfed the wall. Did some serious driving and thought I could pull it off after a few spins like my brother did in his twin turbo Rx7.... Was able to immediately drive out and avoid the rear end but but blew out my oil pan and bent the front end a goodie.

Responded to your PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.