Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Hey guys I’m shopping for a SLK55 R171
And I looked at a car today and it didn’t have this thing on the rear bumper I’m not sure what you call it I attached a picture of it, was it an option or it comes stock with the SLK55?
I have a 2006 SLK350 that has those. The ONLY thing that might possibly include that option is that I have the AMG package on my car. I also have Premium, Tech, and Climate packages, but I'm sure the AMG package includes those things. I could easily be wrong. I have never even considered removing them, even though they look somewhat out of place or cheap. I just prefer cars to be as original as possible. That said, I have added a backup camera and monitor for safety purposes, but it can be removed in minutes.

Even on the earlier R170s, this lip was molded into the shape of the rear bumper. At first I thought my bumper was warped, but it's the same on every car. But since it is molded into the shape of the bumper, it's not as obvious as the tacked on bits on the R171. I always thought these were for rock chip protection of the side of the bumper. Regardless, they are there for a reason.. whatever it may be.

but the black series did NOT have a retractable roof
and did not come out in 2006 :D

well then my statement will be to enlighten newbies that might not know and seek 'enlightenment' :D

Been and answered this way back ..........
its pretty standard on most if not all SLK models in the uk
even the 172 / SLC but a far cheaper version on the later as its just a black plastic moulding .

UK land the wheel must not protrude pass body work etc
Mot fail .....

The top arch extension was only fitted on the AMG Black series ( Fixed Roof )
But i have seen them on the last 171 facelift Models ( Maybe an Option )

So it looks like it was standard on most SLK55 cars I guess maybe the rear bumper was replaced and the pig ears wasn’t re-installed
so you find that 55 yet? :D

to replace the pig ears, you can get the part, but you will need to have it painted

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.