Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i have had my car it has had thousands of pounds of warranty repair so since its out of warranty in september i made some enquiries at the dealer and i thought id share the results.

! year SLK warranty = £850

but the gentleman offered me Service plus, free servicing, brake pads/discs etc plus more than what is in the warranty is covered, roof gearbox leaks etc (he said). total cost £650 and you can pay monthly.

just thought id share guys since some SLKs are getting to end of their warranty.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
In Germany a MB connection warranty of 2 years costs for a 350 about 500,00 Euro

·
Registered
605 Posts
In the states, are there different levels of extended warranty? "Is there an extended warranty, and then an upgraded "service plus" ?

I'm sure you don't have to get it at the point of sale, but does anyone discount the factory MB extended warranty? I know for Honda Motorcycles there is a Honda dealer in Ohio that discounts the warranty and sells it via the web.

Thoughts?

-Doug

D

·
0 Posts
Service Plus is a UK thing its our full fat version of the extended warranty.

Not sure of the equivalent type in the US sorry as its all controlled by the distributer so in the US it would be MBUSA.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my 350 from a dealership that had come off lease. At the time I paid about $2000 to extend the warranty until 2011 or 100,000 miles. With the miles I put on the car (25k/yr) and the cool but probably expensive as heck to replace, retractable hardtop (that I raise+lower 2-4 times 5 days a week), I figure it's money well spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.