Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Guys, laugh of the day I reckon, ...............

So I buy a Headlamp D2S Xenon Ignitor, Hella Brand and Made In Germany, no sign of anything dodgy, no mention of "China" in the listing, and London Royal Mail Dispatch details.

When it arrives and I unwrap it, a tiny piece of paper falls out saying made in China. Yeah, guess what, plugged it in, doesn't work. I have already, (when diagnosing it), swapped the one from the working Headlamp on the other side, so I know it is definitely the Ignitor on the back of the Bulb as it then worked.

Contacted seller ............. Here's the reply, (remember this thing works on 30,000V at 85V AC) !!

Just when I thought I'd seen it all LMAO :grin: :grin: :grin:

I have ordered a (hopefully Genuine) one from ECP this morning :wink:

Dispute raised via EBay

Have a good laugh guys, incredible !!

Dear Dave2302,

Thank you for your information.We are so sorry for the problem you have come across.
For this case, would like to tell you that this item need to soak it in water first. So would you please soak it in water first? Then please try install it again, and check that whether is work again?
If above has tested and still not work, please send us some photos of the product soaked in water. Please understand that your photos are very important for us to claim the warranty from our supplier.
Your help is much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your sincerely,
Anna
Customer service

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
561 Posts
I've had this a few times with Chinese items! They just don't admit that their item could be faulty! AND, if you give negative feedback, they pester the life out of you to remove/amend it!

David

·
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, I can normally spot the sh!te a mile off these days, I won't mess around with them nowadays.

They get one polite message requesting return, then with a reply like that I just phone EBay concierge and open a dispute, always had my money back within 8 + 5 working days.

I can't be bothered with the junk these days, but this was one of their better ad's, it all looked like a UK seller and a genuine Hella item with 2 yr G/Tee.

I once bought some LED Tubes for the workshop, one was a dud, they offered me £2.50 to get an expert to come and repair the Bulb !!

Absolute jokers, it is the waste of valuable time that annoys me more than anything, but you just gotta see the funny side of it :laugh:

·
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

I thought being an old dinosaur that I'd seen it all, (well most of it), I wasn't even annoyed, I think it's absolutely hilarious, I know in a few days I'll have my money back ..................

Now what I should have done was asked them to send me a video of them doing this IRL so I knew exactly how to do it, and please don't forget to leave the Dip Beams turned on whilst installing the Ignitor >:D >:D >:D

Cheers Dave

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
Morning Guys, laugh of the day I reckon, ...............

So I buy a Headlamp D2S Xenon Ignitor, Hella Brand and Made In Germany, no sign of anything dodgy, no mention of "China" in the listing, and London Royal Mail Dispatch details.

When it arrives and I unwrap it, a tiny piece of paper falls out saying made in China. Yeah, guess what, plugged it in, doesn't work. I have already, (when diagnosing it), swapped the one from the working Headlamp on the other side, so I know it is definitely the Ignitor on the back of the Bulb as it then worked.

Contacted seller ............. Here's the reply, (remember this thing works on 30,000V at 85V AC) !!

Just when I thought I'd seen it all LMAO :grin: :grin: :grin:

I have ordered a (hopefully Genuine) one from ECP this morning :wink:

Dispute raised via EBay

Have a good laugh guys, incredible !!

Dear Dave2302,

Thank you for your information.We are so sorry for the problem you have come across.
For this case, would like to tell you that this item need to soak it in water first. So would you please soak it in water first? Then please try install it again, and check that whether is work again?
If above has tested and still not work, please send us some photos of the product soaked in water. Please understand that your photos are very important for us to claim the warranty from our supplier.
Your help is much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your sincerely,
Anna
Customer service

I think this Anna (is it a man or woman who knows) hires out to many sellers in the world of eBay et al. I know I have exchanged emails with it.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
561 Posts
I think this Anna (is it a man or woman who knows) hires out to many sellers in the world of eBay et al. I know I have exchanged emails with it.
Yes, that's right! The same "ANNA" for both my last Chinese Ebay disasters! AND the same wordage!

David

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,291 Posts
Dave, have you informed Hella?
I'm sure they would be pleased to learn of an alternative testing method for their products.
Seriously though, Hella should be on the case to prevent this kind of blatant behaviour.
Yes, I agree - contact Hella. I bought a fuel pressure regulator that was supposedly made by Bosch and it was total junk. Who ever made it copied outside of it exactly as the original. The ignitor is label as Hella and made in Germany and now known that it was made in China. Get the money back and send that junk to Hella. They would love to have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts