Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I ordered a 2010 SLK 350 that was scheduled to begin production on Nov. 26. The dealership thought it'd be in before Christmas, but alas, no car. :( They think it has two days left in production and then has to get on the boat to come to NY/NJ area. The plant in Germany won't open up again until Jan. 3rd so they've given me a GLK 350 to drive for now. I like it okay, but I have a feeling I'll be driving it for a while until "Mercy" gets here...

I was just wondering if anyone who has ordered an SLK (or any Mercedes, really) can tell me about their experience with wait time.

Oh, and I have the VIN number so if you know how to track its progress please let me know!

Desperately missing my SLK,

Jenn

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. My experience with wait time was it seemed to take forever :( - ordered in July 2004 and picked it up from the factory in Nov 2004.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, I hope you get delivery soon...

We bought ours from a list of new pre-built cars that met our requirements. It took MB about a week to deliver it to the dealership. As we wanted the same plate that was on our previous MB, it took the DVLA (licencing authority) nearly three weeks to sort the registration out....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,198 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like I'll continue to wait this one out... I'll post pics when it finally arrives!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome aboard! There's a way to track the car, I'll see if I can dig it up - it may be only after it's left the factory...

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
18,633 Posts
Welcome from Portland, Oregon. We orderd our SLK 350 in November expecting to receive our 08 350 in a couple months. We were informed that the plant had shut down for re-tooling for the 09's and had to wait till May for our 09 SLK. Love the car, so all in all it was well worth the wait.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
My initial order for the 2006 SLK 280 was ordered in early January and took delivery at end of April. The current 2008 SLK 55 was ordered in early May and took delivery Aug 28.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.