Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for front brakes on my 98 230 SLK - a relative who works for an auto parts distributor swears by Wagner pads and rotors - claims they are as good as any, certainly good enough for someone like he who doesn't race the car, drives it March thru November and generally babies it. What scares me is the price - dirt cheap - $20/30 for rear/front rotors, $30 or so for a set of pads. Are these any good? The pads are semi-metallic, just like original equipment. Should I go for another brand? If so what brand/type? How about ceramic pads? I am tired of washing brake dust off the front wheels...

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,090 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts