Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I was in my MB dealership (Tafel Motors in Louisville, Ky,) yesterday to have my car serviced, I took a stroll into their new auto display room to look at some beauty, and did I find it! A silver SLS 550!! I was admiring every little detail and finally worked my way around to where I could see the sticker. Holy Smokes!! It was listed for only a little below $195,000 without tax, etc. I was getting ready to pull out my checkbook to see what my balance was, when I noticed that it had a big red SOLD sign lying on the dash. BUMMER!! I thought while I had my checkbook out, I might as well continue to check on the balance since this may not be the only SLS on the lot. I did some quick calculations and discovered I was about $193,500 short, so I folded my checkbook, took one last look and headed out to pick up my SLK. I am hoping that one of my buddys on this forum has moved up and give us a report on what it is like to drive off in a brand new SLS 550.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Do they really call it an "SLS 550"? I always thought the badging was just "SLS".

It is a sweet looking car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i saw one in buckhead last week scratching the front bumper lip on one of our badly made driveways onto road.

a tear came to my eye

·
Registered
86 Posts
While I was in my MB dealership (Tafel Motors in Louisville, Ky,) yesterday to have my car serviced, I took a stroll into their new auto display room to look at some beauty, and did I find it! A silver SLS 550!! I was admiring every little detail and finally worked my way around to where I could see the sticker. Holy Smokes!! It was listed for only a little below $195,000 without tax, etc. I was getting ready to pull out my checkbook to see what my balance was, when I noticed that it had a big red SOLD sign lying on the dash. BUMMER!! I thought while I had my checkbook out, I might as well continue to check on the balance since this may not be the only SLS on the lot. I did some quick calculations and discovered I was about $193,500 short, so I folded my checkbook, took one last look and headed out to pick up my SLK. I am hoping that one of my buddys on this forum has moved up and give us a report on what it is like to drive off in a brand new SLS 550.
Good one! Sounds like my budget :) But nothing keeps us from dreaming!!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Good one! Sounds like my budget :) But nothing keeps us from dreaming!!
Would you want one? - I ordered a 350 with MT because that's what I wanted - a 350 MT SLK - if I wanted an SLR, SLS, or even an SLK55, I would have got one. The SLK is not a 'poor relation' it's a superb sports car in its own right.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yeah, the last time I walked into my local dealership, they had a silver sls, also sold. I think they'll only bring it in around here if it's a presale.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think that car is cool, mostly because it's so expensive. It's not a particularly nice looking car.

If I wanted a crazy looking high end mercedes, I'd probably go for the slr.

The sl65 is (a bit) more subtle, but awesome as well.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I would go for the the SL63 over the SL65.

Got a chance to to drive the SL63 at an AMG event at the Orange County Great Park. It was sweet.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
I'm kinda partial to this silver AMG that I saw this morning at the dealership:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.