Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested I have just installed one of these units and it works fine with the Iphone 4S. Very easy install - took about 20 min including downloading of the contact list.

They support up to 4 different phones and full control is via comand.

My car did have the phone wiring kit etc already installed as required by the MB-4. I had a SAP V2 before which doesn't work.

Got it from Amazon @£199.00 inc VAT

·
Registered
6 Posts
After reading madeinengland's post and after a little research, I too installed a Viseeo MB-4 - my 2007 SLK R171 has SA code 386 - Mobile Pre-Installation (MTUS) - so I just popped-off the cover on the UHI connector and slid the MB-4 into place - green LED on - I then switched-on Bluetooth on my iPhone 4S and it paired immediately, a couple of minutes later my contacts had automatically uploaded and I made my first call; I also made a voice-activated call using the MB-4's *7 function - you enter *7 into your iPhone contacts then call it from the car, this activates the iPhone's Siri facility, you then talk to the car mic as you would talk to the iPhone/Siri. The phone doesn't have to be in the cabin, mine worked o.k. from the boot (trunk). The MB-4 will also charge the iPhone via the supplied cable. All very straightforward, no issues, start to finish less than 10 minutes. I bought the MB-4 on Amazon.co.uk - £199.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm having a problem with my MB-4.

The phone connects and I can make calls, but the head unit just says 'loading phonebook' or something, until I go in the the MB-4 phonebook menu. I don't have to change any settings. I just need to enter the menu system, then the phonebook pops up on my screen.

Can anyone help?

It means to get the phone numbers on screen I have to fiddle with the MB-4 at the start of every journey.

I have the sync set to auto and I don't actually have to change settings, just enter the menu system. I'm confused. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.