Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! just wanted to share my experience with you about what happened this afternoon headed home from work on US interstate 75, i was tailgating a dodge viper R/T 10 unknowingly, the driver got annoyed and pulled to the slower lane when i pulled up next to him he revved his engine a couple of times as if taunting me to race him, he continued to do this maybe 3 or 4 times, obviously in my head i knew that on a racetrack the slk wasnt no match for the 500hp viper, but however, this wasnt a racetrack this was an interstate highway, so i said to myself what the hell, i'll race him for a little while anyway my exit was 15 miles away, so i did, surprisingly, i didnt get my ass kicked by the viper that bad, on the straightaways he would be in front of me maybe 5-8 car lengths but on 30 or 45 degree bends, i would manage to pass him even on the outside, i was flatout on the curves and maybe the viper had to lift off his throttle a bit due to understeer, anyway, the race ended when we approached the part of the highway with more traffic, being the slk handled better, i managed to weasel my way around the other vehicles while the viper got stuck, i got to my exit before he did, so in my head i won the race! hehehe but we all know that the viper is a supercar.... :tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I see Viper's on the track, for how heavy that monster is, it can handle well with the right driver, but with an ordinary driver, it can seem very scary on the bends, he was playing it safe, but I do admit on the highway the SLK350 does pretty well, you'll surprise alot of people out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.