Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running the 3.1 course this weekend at MSR in Cresson. See Easty's video for a refresher. Saturday, I had okay runs, but Sunday I had my tire pressures where I wanted them in the 90 degree (Farenheit) heat. I am still running street tires (Bridgestone RE-01Rs), compared to almost everyone else who runs track tires.

Last run of the day, I let a Z06 Corvette, Viper and Lotus pass me, while I am letting me tires warm up. After about 3/4 of a lap, my tires are warmed up and sticking to the track, let the competition begin!

The Lotus is quick on the twisties, and is able to pass the Viper. I am surprised, and really start pushing the 55. Remember, I am on street tires, everyone else is on track tires (street tires will scream as they are being pushed, but that is okay). I keep badgering the Viper, and you can tell the driver is very frustrated. Yes, the Viper has lots of horsepower, but I can get through the corners faster (like the Lotus). At the end, I cannot pass the Viper because the driver pulls away on the straights, but I know they very frustrated (twitchy rear on the corners gives it away). In the end, I was not able to pass the Viper, but all the corner workers were giving me a thumbs up during the cool down lap. It was a moral victory and really shows the capability of the SLK 55!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts