Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been on the site for 2 years but only now getting around to purchasing an 05 350 (with 6mt). I've got a contract on a car and wondering if anyone can run the magic datacard vin check on it: WDBWK56F75F047686.
I know the car was in a minor accident where the hood, headlight and bumper had to be replaced...I'm wondering if anything else shows up.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/subscribe.jsp

you can sign up and get the vin info yourself. need a credit card but charge is zero

or wait until some kind soul looks it up for you.

also let me welcome you!

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Hard to find the original ad...but if it's the one I saw (hit by a panel from a horse trailer?) the seller seems open and honest. I'd ask for the invoices for the repair and have it inspected by a MB dealer. Excellent deal at 14000$

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is the very same car!

Hard to find the original ad...but if it's the one I saw (hit by a panel from a horse trailer?) the seller seems open and honest. I'd ask for the invoices for the repair and have it inspected by a MB dealer. Excellent deal at 14000$
Yes, Der Flieger, it is the very same car that you refer to. I sent you an email directly but I'll reply here as well. I'm bummed if I could have gotten this car for 14k as I'm paying 16,500 for it. I talked to both the MB service manager who has seen the car everytime they were in for service and the shop manager that repaired the car. The former said it was in good shape and he trusted the owners of the car, the body shop owner said the damage was on the minor side (grill and bumper even though the owner himself said the headlights and hood were worked on). The owner sounds like a pretty detailed oriented, stand up guy. I'm curious what made you say 'no' to the car even at 14k. Did you have any red flags that popped up for you? I live in Colorado and am flying out to pick the car up (haven't seen it outside of pics online), can you give me your take on it since you've seen it up close?

Much appreciated,

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
sajibaba,

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.