Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I've been trying every single possible combination of MUTE – END call and SERV and whatever else i could find online to activate the Video in Motion but for some reason i am just UNABLE to get into the Engineering Menu on my SLK R171 COMAND (2006)

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks!
Leo

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
How would i know whether it's been updated or not?
If you can't get video in motion, then it probably has been :)

To enter the engineering Mode do the following:
1) Turn the ignition to on (Note : it works with the car started as well)
2) With the radio playing (Note: it works with other things like DVD playing) press :
a. Press and hold these buttons in this order
Mute – Service – End Call all together and hold for 5 secs (ish)
b. Sometimes this doesn’t work, so simply try again, not sure why it doesn’t always work, maybe its the order I press them in?

If this does not work, I would say it's been updated. I can't remember which year it came out of the factory with no engineering mode menu.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
The new firmware was released mid-2006, and was applied as part of an update campaign that year. It's trivial to tell from StarDiag what version you are on, but not so easy if via the head if it's been updated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the info line on the bottom of the SatNag display shows ETA then it has been upgraded or has a newer firmware release.
Daaang... Yes, mine does... so NO access then to Engineering Menu?

Any other way to crack this then?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Nope, not easily. You can in theory downgrade the firmware, but that's a risky move, as you can brick the head to the point where it's completely dead. The only other VIM solutions require a hardware device to block the CAN signals to the head, which also had the effect of killing dead reckoning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.