Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
OK. I bought a pair...I'll let you all know how they work out. :biglaugh:
Pics of you wearing them, comments on ease/difficulty of operation and a sample vid or two please!

$29 including the sunglasses, I am not expecting too much. But after trying to wedge a tripod tight into my car to hold a camera for driving vids, and STILL getting vibrations, I am intrigued by this option, even if it is a throwaway after a few uses.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got a Palm Pre, which takes pretty good video- I've thought about getting a glass-mount holder for it, which would make for a pretty simple and bad-ass video mount. Might get a little shakey, as every movement of the car would be transmitted to the video, but it would be super-simple.

·
Registered
843 Posts
OK. I bought a pair...I'll let you all know how they work out. :biglaugh:

Did the sunglass video camera get delivered? Have you had a chance to try them?

I was out again this weekend with my video cam setup in my SLK. My tripod gets very unhappy in tight corners that have a big bump too. I need video camera headwear or maybe a nice, reliable suction cup mount.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did get them delivered.
They are defective. Only video for 6 seconds at a time and then turned off.:mad:
What can you expect for $30. LOL

I am sending them back for exchange.:tu:

The video quality was very good. I was surprised.

I'm hoping to get them back quickly.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I did get them delivered.
They are defective. Only video for 6 seconds at a time and then turned off.:mad:
What can you expect for $30. LOL

I am sending them back for exchange.:tu:

The video quality was very good. I was surprised.

I'm hoping to get them back quickly.
Curious to see how it all turns out. Maybe post a sample video. Can the lenses be changed to prescription ones?

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice stylish glasses. A little bulky on the sides where the battery is stored. Very light weight.
I do not think these lenses are replaceable.:confused: I didn't really check for that but I see some on ebay do show different colored replaceable lenses.

This model just has the camera in it. I see other models on ebay that have
MP3 players and FM radio and Bluetooth in them for about the same price.

Search on ebay for "Video spy Glasses"

·
Registered
843 Posts
I just ordered a suction cup mount for in car videos:

Panavise 809 Camera Window Suction Cup Mount only $23 on Amazon and fairly highly rated.

Still curious about the sunglasses video cam, especially if your replacements give you a reasonable length video.

Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I found them on sale everywhere however NONE of them actually state how long they will record for with the 2/4/or 8 GB card. hmmmm.

My buddy has a helmet camera he takes when he races his bikes. I think that might be a better idea. They're rechargeable and pretty sturdy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts