Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed that when sitting in traffic with my foot on the brake, I could feel a slight tapping/vibration coming through the pedal. I couldn't feel it when braking, only when stationary. The tapping occurs at regular intervals, say every 2 seconds. I thought perhaps my pads are a bit loose, so I pressed down hard on the pedal to make sure there was good contact, but same feeling.

Any ideas? It's more obvious with the foot on the brake pedal, but can be felt (slightly) with your foot on the floor. Is there some braking mechanism down that area that could be loose?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would suspect ABS, but it could be engine related also. If I understand you feel it also when stop without your foot on the brake peddle. That means to me that it something on the engine.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,902 Posts
Not abs if stopped. If rolling unlikely abs unless it's slippery/sliding. Vibration in the pedal while coming to a controlled (or even harder) stop probably indicates a warped rotor.

I've learned to live with my warpedness :wink:

NOT serious just irritating.

As it only happens while you're already at a complete stop, then I got nuthin'.

·
11,902 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I've done a bit more driving today and noted a few things

* No warning lights/ABS light is on
* Can only feel when at a stop
* Felt through the brake pedal, but can feel with foot on the floor too (but lighter)
* Interestingly - can only feel it with the heater fan on! Could be something in the heating system

·
11,902 Posts
BUT if the ABS light is on, then it's not the heater but something (probably) more serious that needs resolution.

Maybe speed sensors?

With no scanner (for codes) posted, we're only guessing here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts