Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok call me paranoid but it seems that I caused some very small rock chips on the hood.. they are barely visible the paint is not chipped just the upper paint clear coat was.

They are barely visible but I am OCD and if she's not perfect I will lose sleep! The chips are too small to be retouched and the black paint is not even damaged am I going to have to get the hood sanded and repainted? is there anyway around having it repainted?

My friend suggested an Armor coat on it. He did it on his BMW and looks pretty nice will cost ~$1500 but this depends on if they will have to fix these chips or not.

Any suggestions?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Small chips on a black car are easy. Just buy a childs black wax crayon and rub it into the chip and polish off. You wont even notice its there

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,305 Posts

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Small chips on a black car are easy. Just buy a childs black wax crayon and rub it into the chip and polish off. You wont even notice its there
Can you describe this process in more detail? My front bumper is riddled with tiny white specs from chips...

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Can you describe this process in more detail? My front bumper is riddled with tiny white specs from chips...
Its pretty straight forward. All you need is a crayola crayon the colour of your car. Then rub it across the chip until you fill it with wax. You will see the crayon on your paintwork but dont worry. Just polish off with a soft cloth as you would when you wax your car. Might need a bit more effort as it is hard wax. Once you have filled the chip and polished off any excess, just wash and polish as normal. The thing I like is its reversible so your not doing any damage and it stops any corrosion setting in. If at a later stage you decide to have a paint job the wax can be removed with white spirit or as part of a normal re paint prep job .
Try it on one chip to see hoe you get on. Its better than trying touch up paint as I find thats never succesful

·
98,305 Posts
to see 'hoe'? cool! I'm in!

·
98,305 Posts
I see carp!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.