Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of frustration, I manage to make Vediamo work.
I don't know much about it so I need to read, a small change and you screw your car in vediamo.
I test the version on my w204 c280 and remove v max 0:)

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
Maybe give us a bit of info about what you're talking about? :wink:
"Vediamo" means "We see".

I don't have a clue but am always open to learning something new :tu:

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@LeonardoDaBenz
Mercedes Vediamo Software is used by the plant engineers to develop diagnosis and engineering software, which is now used by Xentry and DAS, is based on the Mercedes Benz super engineering version developed and delivered to the general customer service dealers’ use.
Vediamo, works with MB star C3, is a factory development and engineering tool for Mercedes Benz vehicles. It is capable of doing offline configuration (coding*no SCN needed), flashing, programming control units, changing configuration.

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
Now it makes more sense to me :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I start to backup all my modules ( still need some cbf files for some modules )
For example, I back up my ecu me9.7 with all the scn coding string.
I this one fails, I can buy a second hand one and transfer the data on.

Same on transmission tcu, in case of conductor plate gets damaged.

So far i manage to finish
engine ecu
transmission
central gateway
esp
overhead panel
the upper control module

To follow
airbag
automatic headlamps
the electronic selector module
ezs
front and rear sam
vario roof

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I also managed to get myself Chinese knock-off C4 and D630 laptop. I managed to get Xentry working but yet to get Vediamo worked out. Which version you are using?

Also I got myself a KTAG and couple of spare ME 9.7 ECUs for this. Just like what you did I am going to get my ECU backup so that when it's time for the current goes I will have something in place to keep the card running

I saw some places selling brand new China virgin ME 9.7 ECU for cheap. Together with transfer cable and KTAG, they claim that I can program it without SCN. I am ordering one set to see if it works. If these work out it could be an alternative to Vediamo

Looking forward to mess around with them when I get some spare time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Through KTAG? It's a tool that allows you to extract and write EPROM data from and to ECU. So supposedly yes we can use it to change anything we want in ECU, including those you mentioned

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,431 Posts
i860 is on holiday until the 18th :D

·
93,431 Posts
Is that how much they 'weigh' when backed up or did you find a global pile of them that a person can pick/choose and install at will ?
I860 is on holiday until the 18th

·
93,431 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi
You can find the cbf in xentry.
I'm assuming cbf's are firmware files for the modules on the car? If so then it sounds like there is a full database of them for off-line updating? (ie, no need to have MB account). If so, does that mean I can update all the modules?

·
Registered
391 Posts
SO it sounds like the Xentry software contains all the firmwares for all the cars?

Can't wait for that pass-through interface to arrive (slow boat from China) so that I can see it all first-hand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts