Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So as many of you know, I have had a tuning box take my SLK200 from 186hp to 239hp with 373nm @ 3k... it's awesome.

Although I am comfortable that the current cooling arrangement is sufficient for the engine, I am looking to invest (I say invest because every smile on acceleration & exhaust noise is a return!) in some additional cooling to help me get over the 250hp mark (even though here in the UK, cooling is NOT something to worry about - as I speak, I am wrapped in a huge Belstaff jacket on Edgeware Road, London..... in AUGUST!)

I attach the quote I got from Vath, who seem to have a good uprated intercooler for the 200. They say that I will get "comfortably 5-8% but nearer 10% gain in HP"... Not so worried about the warranty aspect as can always have the engine put to stock if need be.

What's your thoughts and opinions? Is it worth forking out around £900 on it?

Thanks
Uz

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
What tuning bix did you use? Ive changed my exhaust to Piecha already and planning to upgrade my air intake to Arma and intercooler to Vath before using a tuning box

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tuning bix did you use? Ive changed my exhaust to Piecha already and planning to upgrade my air intake to Arma and intercooler to Vath before using a tuning box
Hi nice to meet you!
It's the MSL one... not sure of the brand. There are no brand logos on it but it had around 5 connectors into various sensors.
It's not necessary to change the cooling but it would prevent boost drop on hot days.
Your setup sounds good, if you're ever around the west mids, pm me and I'll happily show you the car
Uz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately, im very very far from the UK :) so i think its worth the intercooler upgrade then since where im staying the norm temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius. There's a few tuning box i have in mind though... DTE Systems, Rebellion, Carlsson and RaceChip... not sure which one i would choose.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, im very very far from the UK
so i think its worth the intercooler upgrade then since where im staying the norm temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius. There's a few tuning box i have in mind though... DTE Systems, Rebellion, Carlsson and RaceChip... not sure which one i would choose.
Oops sorry hahaha.
I wouldn't suggest Racechip, they have mixed reviews but carlsson is good.
Uz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts