Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
varioroof slk 1997

The pump from my varioroof does,t work kwikly. I replace a new pump but the sema problem.Must the air out of the system en how dod you do this>
Leo

·
97,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leo,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (model and year,ie 2007,? SLK 350,?) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Your profile is NOT updated in your ‘personal garage’.

We want to welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
97,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having problem with my varioroof. The trunk open but the roof is no
t raising
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (Put looking!)(year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,064 Posts
Guessing: either the "roof latched to windshield" switch is stuck, or the "boot lid fully raised" switch is stuck.

·
Registered 2002 slk 230
34 Posts
SLK 230 Roof sticks slightly, passenger side upon opening

I can give it a gentle thump and it opens. I want to get it working perfectly. I took the roof liner off and I did not a cable but didn't try to adjust it because I wasn't sure this would fix the problem. I didn't see any switches. I read a previous post about finding a switch and removing baffles. Where is this located and how do I get to it? Thanks!

·
Registered 2002 slk 230
34 Posts
Rooftop sticks question

Also, is this worth trying to find a dealer or other repair shop that would know how to diagnose and fix this issue?
I can give it a gentle thump and it opens. I want to get it working perfectly. I took the roof liner off and I did see a cable but didn't try to adjust it because I wasn't sure this would fix the problem. I didn't see any switches. I read a previous post about finding a switch and removing baffles. Where is this located and how do I get to it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Hand held tester?

Heres more info on the vario Top Operation
including schematics & where all the components are.
Hi Leapyfish,
You've got a link to a troubleshooting guide in your signature (i've pasted the link below too). I think I have defect 5 (where the vario roof switch flashes when operated), when it says 'hand-held scanner' does this mean the OBDII reader thing?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mbpaul/2009-04-17_190453_Vario_roof_VR_diagnosis,_troubleshooting.pdf

Thanks,

Dez

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,173 Posts
Hi Leapyfish,
You've got a link to a troubleshooting guide in your signature (i've pasted the link below too). I think I have defect 5 (where the vario roof switch flashes when operated), when it says 'hand-held scanner' does this mean the OBDII reader thing?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mbpaul/2009-04-17_190453_Vario_roof_VR_diagnosis,_troubleshooting.pdf

Thanks,

Dez
I would expect it to mean that.

Here's an old thread about scanners for the R170:
http://www.slkworld.com/ask-dansslk/15093-obd-protocol-scanner-uk-r170.html

There are lots of scanner threads. Worth doing a search on site if you are thinking of buying one.
Different scanners have different abilities and price is no guarantee of quality, nor ability.

Have a look in your regional threads and see if a local might do you a favour with their scanner.
The UK regional map has locations for willing helpers.
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/386474-slkworld-uk-ireland-members-meeting-points-map.html

@Zenman 63 @Seanhump are both in the Midlands.
They may help if you arrange a meet.
I've mentioned them so they'll see this thread if they have notification enabled.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I would expect it to mean that.

Here's an old thread about scanners for the R170:
http://www.slkworld.com/ask-dansslk/15093-obd-protocol-scanner-uk-r170.html

There are lots of scanner threads. Worth doing a search on site if you are thinking of buying one.
Different scanners have different abilities and price is no guarantee of quality, nor ability.
Thanks for the info Avel Du, much appreciated. I've ordered a cheap obd2 code reader from ebay, I think my ML uses the same connection so I should be able to read the codes from that too (it always has issues lol).

Cheers

Dez

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Well, my obd2 reader arrived today, had a few codes to do with an O2 sensor but nothing to do with the roof unfortunately so I guess I'll start with the switches in the boot and go from there maybe? :frown:

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
I think you'll need a DAS session to talk to the roof controller - not all modules are accessable via the generic OBD readers ....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.