Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than a MB Dealer, does anyone know of a reputable repair shop in Denver, CO to help diagnose and repair my roof?

I have a 2001 SLK 320. I have replaced 3 of the 5 cylinders already (lid and both trunk cylinders). No leaks, pump is good. I am certain it is "one" of the many mircoswitches, I have read everything, but just can't figure it out myself. The windows go down, the trunk lid just never raises.

I have called numerous shops in the Denver metro area and been told "we don't work on those." I am hoping it won't be terribly costly and someone with good knowledge of the R170 system can diagnose and fix it pretty quickly because I know it is not the hydraulic system and I have already uninstalled all of the trunk panels so access to everything is easy, I am just out of my comfort zone at this point.

Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,992 Posts

·
94,992 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you check these troubleshooting guides?
I have. A bit outside of my comfort zone as I am more mechanically inclined, not electrically.

Ironically, I get the system to work in chunks in reverse order (the system will pull the trunk lid closed, lock the roof and raise all the windows) I just can't get it past unlocking the roof.

May seem like a silly question, but is there anything in trunk panels that would need to fully re-installed to get this to work? I am forcing closed the luggage sensor, but is there some other electrical connection that needs to happen by virtue of the panels being reinstalled?

·
94,992 Posts
I also 'notified' our resident r170 roof expert Tim :D

·
94,992 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG,
212 Posts
Wouldn't mind meeting for a beer if you come our direction, we are just off Jay, east of the Diagonal. Always wondered if I could fit in a R170 as well as I fit in a R171.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts