Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious about the sequence of events when operating the roof.

Lowering:
1. Windows lower if raised
2. Trunk lid opens
3. Roof retracts and rear shelf raise
4. Roof completes retracting and the rear shelf retracts
5. Trunk lid closes

After the trunk lid closes, I can hear the hydraulic pump until I let go of the toggle switch.

Raising:
1. Driver and passenger windows lower if raised
2. Trunk lid opens and rear shelf raise
3. Roof raise and close, and the rear shelf retracts
4. Trunk lid closes
5. Rear quarter windows raise

After the rear quarter windows raise, I can hear the hydraulic pump until I let go of the toggle switch.

Note: In both cases, the driver and passenger windows does not raise at the end of sequence.

Does this sound normal? I would assume there would be a limit switch at the end of sequence to turn off the hydraulic pump.

Thanks

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Mine does that too. If I manually hold the switch, I keep holding it after the little windows go up and all seems to stop, but after a second or 2 the main windows go up. Just keep holding that switch and the windows will go up.

I notice when I use the Vario roof remote, the roof seems to close all the way but if i press the red button on the consol, I get another 3 or 4 seconds of motor time, giving me the impression it is not closing all the way with the remote.

Also, with the remote system, the windows do not go all the way down. they have about 1/2 inch more to go when it stops. I have to lower the window the rest of the way with the window switch or both at the same time with the red consol switch.

Minor things but overall I Love this thing!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I agree with you...last thing you want is a line to bust and get that fluid all over everywhere or burn out your motor.:(

I will have to let the more experienced people here help you with this one.:tu:

Best of luck with it.

·
Founding Member
43 Posts
Tslick said:
Thanks SLKman

With mine, I've held the switch for more than 5 seconds without the windows raising or the pump shutting off.

I'm afraid to hold the switch longer, I dont want to spring a hydro leak.
Mine go up after about 3 seconds of the boot closing, but I do have to keep my finger on the button. I don't bother in the summer as I prefer the windows down. The pump continus for a few seconds whatever you do, I guessing that this is to maintain presure in the hydo.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
On my 2003 R180, I always had the windows down when I had the roof down. When I selected 'roof up' the last step of the cycle is close the door windows fully, then the hydraulic pump stops. If you are putting the roof up with the windows already up, and they drop a little, then do not close fully, it sounds like a bug in the software (hopefully, not one of Alroumi's termites :tazz:(we need a termite smiley!!))

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments.

I broke down and read the manual. It said you could operate the side windows using the red switch by pushing quickly (open / close direction) once then push and hold.

After three tries it worked. I then tried raising and lowering the roof and at the end of sequence, the side windows closed .

By the way, you can operate both windows with the red switch while driving.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.