Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through endless posts on this site (as well as the "mods4cars" product site) to determine whether I would be able to operate a Vario Roof Commander remotely (from outside the car) on my 1999 SLK 230 Sport and have come up with two conflicting conclusions:

1) You cannot remotely operate a Vario Roof Commander on pre-2000 SLKs.

2) One-button remotes cannot operate the roof remotely but two-button remotes (lock, unlock plus panic) can.

My 1999 SLK 230 Sport has the two-button (plus panic) remote. Does anyone know whether I would be able to remotely operate the roof commander if I installed it in my SLK? I would like that option but do not want to spend all that money just to be able to operate it from inside the car.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rick

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I've installed quite a few of the Cabrio-module modules and as long as the remote is two button there's no problem, it's the older one button infra red ones that don't work , the Smarttop should be the same , but I'm sure if you contact them they'll inform you !

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts
you could also use the contact info on mods4cars site to answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been in touch with mods4cars and their response has been to refer me to their web page which says pre-2000 models won't work but two-button remotes will -- which is why I sought the wisdom/experience of the forum. I guess I'll conclude from everyone's input that my two-button remote is the key (no pun intended) and cross my fingers that it will all indeed work.

Thanks, everyone.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.