Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as per the picture, some toe-rag decided to modify my paint job last night, with a spray of expanding foam...

I've managed to get the door open, not easy as the foam sealed the contact between the glass and the rear window rubber...

I've got the boot open, after prizing a large blockage of the stuff, and the roof still works as normal.. phew!!

it picked off the door reasonably well, I think due to large amounts of wax etc, it couldn't bond properly... the other cars in the street that got done, theirs didn't come off their doors so well.. :(

But I think the door window seal, rear window seal and and associated rubber may well have had it, I think they will need replacing....

I'll buy some polyurethane foam eater tomorrow, and see if that will get the residue off the paintwork or the seals... lets just hope it doesn't take the paintwork off with it,..

Attachments

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,229 Posts
Sorry my friend. People are such jerks

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,443 Posts
Sorry to hear that Mark. Hope you get it sorted ok.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,138 Posts
Sad to say, there are mindless folk about... they get pleasure causing pain to others... :crying:

Hope you get the car cleaned up without too much lasting damage.. :smile::smile:

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
19,930 Posts
I will never understand why some people will do this to another. Then they will be the first ones to complain about insurance costs later on. Hope all works out well for you and the others.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,215 Posts
Sorry to here about that :(

Hopefully its not effected paint work thats the costly bit .
Rubbers / seals can be replaced .

With no sign of damage etc .

If you see what i mean .
Normally its eggs throwing that kids get a kick out of and if it bakes on .
hard to rmove if left a while .

Can you park it off road ?

·
Registered 2015 SLK350
517 Posts
Sorry my friend I feel your pain. Vandalism is a fear I have when I park my car unattended because they do draw attention. Unfortunately, not always welcome attention. I hope you can restore the car to its former glory.

Cheers, Ken

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
That's unbelievable. That's not something someone has done on the spur of the moment either.

As said, the seals are pretty easy to replace and you should have about 90 microns of top coat so even if you need to wet sand the foam off, it shouldn't be too costly.

What on earth were they thinking? It just beggars belief that someone could do something so mean spirited to someone else.

I hope you get it sorted with as little cost and inconvenience as possible.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Vandalism is a big big problem in most urban areas, even some rural areas these days. My wife and I own some commercial properties in western Canada, all in larger city locations. I am willing to bet it is not often we have a week go by without some damage, by a Graffiti Tagger to a wall or a fence, or a car being 'Keyed' or broken into. It is just sickening, from a moral perspective, and expensive for those of us who have to pay to have all the damage repaired. Security cameras really do not help a lot. We have got pictures of the punks doing the actual damage, but they have got either dark hoodies, or hats, on and you can not positively identify them, so the videos are of little use to the Police, or courts. Good Luck getting your car all fixed up.

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,205 Posts
That is so mean, why can't people admire a beautiful car instead of vandalizing it.

I hope it can be fixed good as new...just think of all the places they could have sprayed that...tailpipe, brakes OMG.

Wouldn't you like to spray it where the sun don't shine on them.

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
That bites. :crying: I strongly recommend parking where you can surround the car with motion detectors hooked up to half a dozen Claymore mines around the perimeter. Wire the motion detectors to turn off when you unlock using the remote... That would serve the little (expletive deleted) right.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.