Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen this? I have a rough idle and was looking for vacuume leaks and found that where the breather hose connects from the MAF sensor to the drivers side valve cover, the connector has a hole in it. What could cause this? It was covered by the hose and wasn't visible until I went to remove a cracked hose. Does anyone know the part number for this piece? Would this cause a vacuume leak? I would assume it would allow dirt into air system so I need to replace or find a way to seal it. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what to even call that part.
Oh and my car is a 2001 SLK 320 with 130000 miles.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone ever seen this? I have a rough idle and was looking for vacuume leaks and found that where the breather hose connects from the MAF sensor to the drivers side valve cover, the connector has a hole in it. What could cause this? It was covered by the hose and wasn't visible until I went to remove a cracked hose. Does anyone know the part number for this piece? Would this cause a vacuume leak? I would assume it would allow dirt into air system so I need to replace or find a way to seal it. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what to even call that part.

It is NOT melted, btw that breather hose goes from top of valve cover/breather cover to the intake, recirculating crankcase emmissions. This is somewhat normal on cars that do not clean their engine bays periodically, or have never done the valve cover/breather cover maintenance. Outside air conditions contribute to this if you live near the sea and salt is an issue. We sandblast these and powder coat them on a regular basis and some look almost like that after cleaning, with that said yours is the worst I've ever seen but this is just corrosion guys, nothing to worry about, just a reminder to keep your stuff well maintenanced and clean! You will need to replace the breather cover on that side, and check the other side! I say its a good time to do the valve cover maintenance at this time and might want to replace the short piece of hose too.

Also check your other little rubber odds and ends, like the little rubber tube connecting the plastic little hose to the aluminum pipe, its in your pic, check and replace your supercharger grommet for the same tube etc. I can tell form your pic there is a lot of dry rot on rubber in that engine bay! All these can cause little vacuum leaks. Personally I would clean the entire engine bay.

I can get you the part number another day, I don't have it in front of me now.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
cylinder cover left
A1120100530

cylinder cover left
A1120100430

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi,

Supercharger ? ............... Supercharger ???????????????? :wink:

That looks like an N/A V6 to me :wink: ..............

Yes agreed, corrosion around the Breather Hose Stub, I've never seen one that bad either and we are surrounded by salty stuff ;)

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what has me confused as to why it happened. We live in North Texas. I bought the car about 8 years ago with 60k miles. We aren't near Salty or corrosive conditions.

·
92,804 Posts
Are both of those really for the left side?
no, he made a typo

one is right side...since u buying both it don't matter :D

standby and i will see which is which

·
92,804 Posts
112-010-05-30 is left side

A112010 0430 is right side

·
92,804 Posts
0430 Replaces: 112-010-03-30
0530 Replaces: 112-010-02-30

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sucesss! Thanks for everyone's help. I replaced all the hoses connected to the valve covers and Mass Air Flow Meter as well. That fixed most of the problem. Still have a little bit of a miss or rough idle. No codes. I cleaned the Throttle body intake and butterfly area, changed all my plugs, did the idle reset proceedure etc.. I guess all that's left are the coil packs and plug wires. Oh and I cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor or Meter (Whatever they call it on a Mercedes).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
@Mark Dobbs ,

What is the mileage on the Car ?

Reason I ask is I have had a bunch of grief tracking down a slight Misfire on a V12 MB recently, SDS Data showed it had a (higher than the others) Misfire Count on Cylinder # 9 and the whole of that Bank was higher than the other Bank, but not high enough to constantly flag a Code, would get an occasional one for cylinder 9, but not often ....................

Long Long story short, sent the Injectors away for cleaning and flow balancing, the internal filters were so bad that they just crumbled taking them out and the flow patterns etc were all over the place ................

M275 V12 TT Peace, Harmony and Earth Shattering Performance now returned 👿

HTH, Cheers Dave

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'd say it would definitely benefit from sending the Injectors away for cleaning and flow balancing then, before getting into chucking other parts at it ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts